Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
July 4th Holiday weekend wx

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

76 sunny, since last saturday at noon, its been absolute perfection, summer has started flawlessly, a seemless transitions from the best spring ever, and there is NO end in sight to the perfect weather.:sun: :sun: :sun: Beautiful walk this morning, almost time to hit the sand.

Interesting albeit tedious difference beetween the 00z ECM and GFS ensemble means. Both average out to an impressive -AO signal for the D8 and 10 overall, but what is critically different is that the ECM cluster's hemispheric mean places the annular ring of the westerlies unilaterally some several hundred kilometers N of the GFS' mean. The GFS thus has a weaker, slower flow overall, and allows blocking from the N to afflict the middle latitudes - this hemispheric pattern overall is a January dream for winter weather enthusiasts; unfortunately here, it is just 50dm of height up the scale and in summer means nothing (haha). Basically, this keeps a trough carved out over eastern N/A, with cross polar ridging and positive anomalies in the typically idealized locations. Western ridge, too... = boring if you ask me.

The ECM cluster's has said annular ring more N; this comes along with better subtropical ridge expression unilaterally around the hemisphere. This condition "fights" back against these unrelenting polar field indices, causing the flow to speed up everywhere, and also offers some chance for heat (meaningful) to extend to ORD-BOS latitudes.

Which is correct?

Seasonal trend would certainly offer some support to the GFS, although not as amplified. The GFS has also been routinely over done with our weakness/trough in the flow up this way to date, just as much as the mean from last night looks over done going forward. The ECM's penchants for bringing heat N in the extended has failed every time. So muting both probably results in the verification thus far. Could be a fair enough way to call the next 2 weeks alone.

A different take on things: The GLAAM demonstrates a pretty significant lobe of negative anomalies propagating N out of the tropics over the N hemisphere during the last month, and this extrapolates through 60 N for the next 2 to 4 weeks. What that means is more N/S orientation to the flow should be favored than W/E. It is W/E that promotes the subtropical ridge genesis and bringing heat to the middle latitudes.

Therein is risk using the GLAAM in this way, admittedly ... the GLAAM is not really a prognostic tool, it's a diagnostic one. Big difference there... But the point at hand is that if said extrapolation takes place, it gets harder to visualize big ridging beneath 45N and fast west-east flow at 50 - that would actually cause the torque to increase, opposing the diagnostic signal, or more importantly its extrapolation.

Otherwise, hope all are having a nice 4th weekend!

I find it fascinating that in a lead time of 6/7 days, ECMWF had an overdone version of muted heat and a "troffiness" to start the weekend. Still the king but Tip's points are well taken. Heading to Princeton NJ today....will certainly be warm enough there.

Thinking hot as a firecracker thread title fits good with Kevs track record lately, partly cloudy warm with no humidity today here on the lake in Lebanon.. Not looking forward to any T storms tomorrow with 5 tents set up and lots of outside activities on the agenda this week. Water is perfect, big bass hit great last night. It's 5 oclock somewhere.

Thinking hot as a firecracker thread title fits good with Kevs track record lately, partly cloudy warm with no humidity today here on the lake in Lebanon.. Not looking forward to any T storms tomorrow with 5 tents set up and lots of outside activities on the agenda this week. Water is perfect, big bass hit great last night. It's 5 oclock somewhere.

75/62,a high of 77, still waiting for the "hot as a firecracker weather" just the searing 70's and low humidity day after beautiful day. Hope you avoid the rain.

76 sunny, since last saturday at noon, its been absolute perfection, summer has started flawlessly, a seemless transitions from the best spring ever, and there is NO end in sight to the perfect weather.:sun: :sun: :sun: Beautiful walk this morning, almost time to hit the sand.

Nice dude... sweet pic, too. I'm definitely jonesing for a beach right now. This is the type of weather that makes me wish (sometimes, haha) that I lived near the ocean. At least there's a nice cool, crystal clear mountain stream/river flowing off Mansfield that passes within 100 feet of my location... I know of at least 2 areas that still have snow cover on the mountain so can I say that the river still contains a very little bit of snowmelt? lol.

Seems our temperatures up here are about the same as most of SNE... just a perfect 80/58 out there after a morning low of 51F. Loving the clear skies and large, 30F diurnal swings.

Now time to head back outside by the river... enjoy the awesome weather folks.

Lebanon CT?

Sweet 70's!!!!!

Tonight: Patchy fog after 2am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Light southwest wind.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 11am and 5pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Some of the storms could produce frequent lightning and heavy rain. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Areas of fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. West wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Independence Day: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 3pm and 5pm. Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 79. West wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

getting the yard ready for a 4th of July cookout...took the pruning saw to the pine tree in the back yard...looks good now...but was just pourinf sweat while i was working...had to change my shirt and underclothes when i was finished...

looking for to BBQ food!!!

hope everyone is happy and safe and well fed and surrounded by wonderful friends and family!!!

Happy 4th of July Weekend!!!!

(but please remember our freedom came with the greatest price- other people died for us so we could have a great life! NEVER take that for granted!)

getting the yard ready for a 4th of July cookout...took the pruning saw to the pine tree in the back yard...looks good now...but was just pourinf sweat while i was working...had to change my shirt and underclothes when i was finished...

hope everyone is happy and safe and well fed and surrounded by wonderful friends and family!!!

(but please remember our freedom came with the greatest price- other people died for us so we could have a great life! NEVER take that for granted!)

Agreed. How hot did it get over there?!!

Thank you for your time in the service

Got a high of 78.4F here, which was a few degrees lower than what BOX had me for. What a great stretch we have been in htis week. Sunday might be pretty wet and loud

74/62, just about as nice as it gets. No nasty 80 degree heat. Just played 9 and now it's time to bbq and then it's fireworks. Perfect 4th of July, just perfect.

LOL... 80F isn't *that* bad. We may average more snowfall up here but I think your area on the Eastern Slope must have colder average temperatures than ski country in northern VT. I've noticed that we are routinely warmer than your obs, but today it looks like you guys down there saw more clouds than we did up here. I notice ORH had 4-hourly readings of "mostly cloudy" this afternoon so that probably helped keep temps below 80F.

81F for a high here at 800ft (now down to a nice 73F), and even MPV ASOS at ~1,200ft hit 80F. The Mansfield summit station had its second warmest reading of the summer at 70F.

You've got a great set-up down the cordillera there, Pete. Even so, you should be making plans to move north to ski country haha. Waitsfield, Fayston, Warren, etc would all be great for you right next to MRG and Sugarbush. Plus, there's no shortage of people who want nice, large, expensive second-homes built up here so you don't have to worry about finding work. It seems like a no brainer ;)

Sweet 70's!!!!!

Yeah those are some nice looking temps, but looks like they have "mostly cloudy" as the call for the next 24-48 hours. Similar forecast up here but I'm looking forward to Monday-Wednesday with Mostly Sunny skies giving highs in the low 80s and overnight mins way down in the low 50s.

Here's the NWS temps for here from Monday-Wednesday...all "mostly sunny" and "clear"

Independence Day...high of 82, low 54

Tuesday...high of 83, low 51

Wednesday...high of 84, low 54

I like when the forecast starts showing 30+ degree swings between high and low temperatures... this would be our nicest stretch of weather so far this summer with warm days for swimming in the river and cool, comfortable nights. None of this lows of 60+.

Archived