wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
July 4th Holiday weekend wx

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting psyched for the annual Chesterfield 4th of July parade. They have the antique cars again this year!!! yes!!lol I really do like the fighter jet flyover. That makes it worthwhile. Happy 4th!!! We are very lucky to be Americans.

How far are you from Tanglewood?? I saw James Taylor 3 years ago during the 4th and it was one hell of a show.

What the.....they have a jet flyover...in Chesterfield??

Yup, The Chesterfield parade is the biggest event of the year. F-15's routinely flyover all year on training missions. Get to watch some cool manuevers at times.

Probably more like a farmer's trailer with a picnic table on the back and a long haired hippie lying naked on it...

Naked men has become a theme for you. Mid-life crisis?

How far are you from Tanglewood?? I saw James Taylor 3 years ago during the 4th and it was one hell of a show.

About 40-45 minutes. (not that far as the crow flies but a circuitous route from here) Going to see Steely Dan there later this month.

Nevermind 90 .....80 is gonna be a stuggle here today, but I guess full sun through 5 PM can get us up another 10 degrees.

It looks lovely for the fireworks tonight with temps probably back around the low 70's at 9:30 PM.

I don't think you will hit 90 even once, but maybe...

76.5F here

Nice... thinking I top out at 82 or 83

I'm in San Antonio for the 4th this year so sadly no fireworks due to fire danger with the extreme drought in this area but I just wanted to share a bit of trivia that I just read about the sne area.

Apparently the first town in america to declare independence was our very own Worcester, MA on Oct 4, 1774.

Happy 4th to all!

Our neighbor across the street detonated something huge last night. Rattled the windows and spooked my dog.

We used to take a train into the North End and buy awesome fireworks when I was in high school. Now I let the pros handle them

Same thing at home...lol. It looked like someone stole a few shells off the barge in the Charles River. These fireworks must have shot up 200' at least. Probably not the best idea in the middle of the city. You could even hear that thud sound when it shoots off.

The fireworks are technically illegal here in NY, but it seems like every other house has been setting them off. LOL You can drive 2 hours down I-88 just over the PA line and get them. I guess people go out of state and stock up. It was a thrill for me as a kid, but like Dave...I'm content to go watch the professional show now. We may go down to Albany for the official state capital fireworks.

Same thing at home...lol. It looked like someone stole a few shells off the barge in the Charles River. These fireworks must have shot up 200' at least. Probably not the best idea in the middle of the city. You could even hear that thud sound when it shoots off.

Thanks guys...and yeah, high summer fevers are weird to me. I suppose the only good news is that the higher dews will keep my throat/sinuses from getting dry to limit any possible infection. 80.7/68.7 with only a few Cu around.

Despite S NH nearing 90F for the next few days at least the overnight lows should be relatively cool in the countryside. The window fans at night should keep sleeping bearable.

The fireworks are technically illegal here in NY, but it seems like every other house has been setting them off. LOL You can drive 2 hours down I-88 just over the PA line and get them. I guess people go out of state and stock up. It was a thrill for me as a kid, but like Dave...I'm content to go watch the professional show now. We may go down to Albany for the official state capital fireworks.

In the last decade they relegalized fireworks in NH. We make quite a killing from people visiting from the other New England states.

NH has quite a unique set of laws compared to other states in the country. Live free of die I guess. lol

I don't know where people get this stuff. You should see it down at the beaches. July 3rd looks like the D-Day invasion all over again..lol. Cops usually turn a blind eye to it.

FYI, I chucked a few into your back yard coming down 93 last night.

How was N. Conway? It's too bad we couldn't have gotten the really nice wx up here in time for your visit. That are to IZG can be pretty interesting with hot NW flow giving them a downslope off of the Whites. With uniform 850s around the region they can sometimes be the warmest in New England.

Archived