• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
July 4th Holiday weekend wx

Damage In Tolland

Was in Easton for a cookout today. And for a 10 min period we were in a rain shower where the raindrops seemed to be the size of ping pong balls(not exaggerating). I found this to be amazing, but was also amazed that there was nothing on the doppler.

Yeah it did rain. Was in Taunton MA , large raindrops in Brockton on 24 at like 2pm.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

80 here today, but not humid. It was bearable.... Now down to 66.

ALB on the other hand was 86 and was still 78 at 9 PM..... Glad I don't live in the urban area.

Thank you for your time in the service

Got a high of 78.4F here, which was a few degrees lower than what BOX had me for. What a great stretch we have been in htis week. Sunday might be pretty wet and loud

Just for fun I am watching a terrible movie called "Frozen"

3 Salem State college students get stuck on a chairlift on a mountain in NH

Good point. They mention night skiing at Wachusett

Bad point. One of the characters gets eaten by wolves. Lol

Ski MRG could save them with Powderfreaks help

64.1F. Lovely evening

LOL... 80F isn't *that* bad. We may average more snowfall up here but I think your area on the Eastern Slope must have colder average temperatures than ski country in northern VT. I've noticed that we are routinely warmer than your obs, but today it looks like you guys down there saw more clouds than we did up here. I notice ORH had 4-hourly readings of "mostly cloudy" this afternoon so that probably helped keep temps below 80F.

81F for a high here at 800ft (now down to a nice 73F), and even MPV ASOS at ~1,200ft hit 80F. The Mansfield summit station had its second warmest reading of the summer at 70F.

You've got a great set-up down the cordillera there, Pete. Even so, you should be making plans to move north to ski country haha. Waitsfield, Fayston, Warren, etc would all be great for you right next to MRG and Sugarbush. Plus, there's no shortage of people who want nice, large, expensive second-homes built up here so you don't have to worry about finding work. It seems like a no brainer ;)

I love the Mad River Valley area. I've had some great times there and in Montpelier. I'm making plans to move north but not to VT. Alaska is the place for me. Got land, now I just need to sedate my wife long enough to transport her there otherwise the kicking and screaming might be too much to bear.lol

60/59, Just a perfect evening to watch the fireworks in Greenfield. Warm on the valley floor with temps still in the 70's. What a nice slice of Americana to take in. Had a friend from the UK with us and we assured her it's not so much a celebration of kicking Redcoat butt, rather it's just a happy celebration of becoming our own country.lol

They know how to do fireworks over there also. :) I happened to be visiting a friend on Guy Fawkes Day in Nov. 2000 and the entire country is lit up with official and private fireworks that night.

That was actually during the whole Bush-Gore recount fiasco so I was glad to be abroad and miss that stuff for several weeks.

60/59, Just a perfect evening to watch the fireworks in Greenfield. Warm on the valley floor with temps still in the 70's. What a nice slice of Americana to take in. Had a friend from the UK with us and we assured her it's not so much a celebration of kicking Redcoat butt, rather it's just a happy celebration of becoming our own country.lol

They know how to do fireworks over there also. :) I happened to be visiting a friend on Guy Fawkes Day in Nov. 2000 and the entire country is lit up with official and private fireworks that night.

That was actually during the whole Bush-Gore recount fiasco so I was glad to be abroad and miss that stuff for several weeks.

It's so much fun to tease Brits. Reminds me of "A Fish called Wanda" ..... " Oh look, it's KKKKen, coming to KKKKill me."

so needed rains on the way this morning, cuban humidor out there this morning........sun this afternoon and then an absolute gem tomorrow, actually nice to get a break from the sun for a while today, cooked we all are. Coffee, bacon and eggs and bubble guppies oh yeah baby

so needed rains on the way this morning, cuban humidor out there this morning........sun this afternoon and then an absolute gem tomorrow, actually nice to get a break from the sun for a while today, cooked we all are. Coffee, bacon and eggs and bubble guppies oh yeah baby

that rain looks like it's having a hard time moving east....we're off to MA this morning, hoping we can avoid most of it. Enjoy the weekend folks

Another cool. rainy day here. I wonder when Kevin will give up on the torch talk, ain't happening.

Another day of no torch. Although we should start to get some near 90F heat in the typical warm spots tomorrow.

Unfortunately many of the 4th parties are today, and like Nick said, the soakings should peak in the mid/late afternoon. Winds/shear are fairly light so they should be slow movers and with the high PWATs some localized flooding.

Enjoy the rain today.

I will! We have had 7 perfect summer days here all sunny, all around 80, has to rain some time...........oh the next 7 days after today are all sunny and mid 80s! Best summer ever, do you guys still have snow up there?

Archived