• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
July 4th Holiday weekend wx

Damage In Tolland

Just because your one little glen didn't get out of the 60's doesn't mean the rest of SNE was mild like that. many areas the next 3 days will approach 90 and you will certainly hit 80

The whole of the Berkshires remained cool. Even Scoob 40 on the floor of the usually hot CT valley only reached the mid 70's. I don't think most of sne cracked 80 yesterday with the exception of the urbanized areas. Cool rainy summer bro'. Have a happy 4th.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole of the Berkshires remained cool. Even Scoob 40 on the floor of the usually hot CT valley only reached the mid 70's. I don't think most of sne cracked 80 yesterday with the exception of the urbanized areas. Cool rainy summer bro'. Have a happy 4th.

It hasn't been cool. Wet yes..but that is changing now. Looks like things go drier than normal for awhile with occasional storms with fropas.

Just because your one little glen didn't get out of the 60's doesn't mean the rest of SNE was mild like that. many areas the next 3 days will approach 90 and you will certainly hit 80

early to midweek now = weekend? lol, yday was -4 at BDL...-11 off the average high. Saturday was right at average. cold for Jul standards.

July 4th right in the thread title :whistle: Avg highs are cold for July?

ok, so you got 1/3 (1/4 if you count friday as part of the holiday weekend which was a -5 for BDL). For today, despite highs around 90 or lower 90s there's a good possibility that dews mix out into the 50s today at BDL...91/58 is not that big of a deal. Last 3 days, on average, have been cold.

ok, so you got 1/3 (1/4 if you count friday as part of the holiday weekend which was a -5 for BDL). For today, despite highs around 90 or lower 90s there's a good possibility that dews mix out into the 50s today at BDL...91/58 is not that big of a deal.

So now just because dewpoints mix into the 50's ...90 or higher isn't hot? That's like saying well 20 isn't cold in the winter becasue the dew is 19 so it feels warmer to the skin

So now just because dewpoints mix into the 50's ...90 or higher isn't hot? That's like saying well 20 isn't cold in the winter becasue the dew is 19 so it feels warmer to the skin

it was cold last 3 days...80% of new englanders were nipping out.

BDL put up a -1 yesterday to finish the month of June at 0.0

So of the 4 major climo sites at in KBOX CWA, 0 of them finished above average. The other 3 were:

BOS: -0.9

ORH: -0.1

PVD: -0.2

It hasn't been cool. Wet yes..but that is changing now. Looks like things go drier than normal for awhile with occasional storms with fropas.

Even your beloved tarmac at BDL couldn't put up a positive departure. I'd argue that the CT valley of Massachsetts and the east slope of the Berks saw even greater negative departures for June. I don't think I'll hit 90 at all this Summer. Maybe a rogue day but no sustained heat.

I thought yesterday would be more prolific just ended up with off and on drizzly showers.

I was out of the loop, but I guess some stuff fired along the warm front and kept the clouds around longer? I was a bit surprised when I saw radar yesterday morning. I was hoping for some good storms up north, yesterday.

I was out of the loop, but I guess some stuff fired along the warm front and kept the clouds around longer? I was a bit surprised when I saw radar yesterday morning. I was hoping for some good storms up north, yesterday.

I thought some limited instability along with PWATs of 1.9" and a nearly saturated column would be enough for some slow-moving thunderstorms...just didn't really work out. The PV advection may have slipped a bit too far south into NJ.

Agreed on the mugginess...that's what downpours will do for you in July.

Does not look like we got much for downpours here yesterday...a little rain...maybe a tenth of an inch?

Where we were in RI yesterday it also rained a little, but no downpours like I was expecting. The radar returns before I left looked pretty good, but it apparently petered out.

69F/62 attm

Nice July day

Does not look like we got much for downpours here yesterday...a little rain...maybe a tenth of an inch?

Where we were in RI yesterday it also rained a little, but no downpours like I was expecting. The radar returns before I left looked pretty good, but it apparently petered out.

69F/62 attm

Nice July day

If the models were anywhere near correct last night the most oppressive conditions will be in Maine today. Should help sustain isolated big storms.

any thunderstorms? If it was just rain...no thanks...especially with the outdoor activities.

A few rumbles of thunder but nothing special. It actually let up in the afternoon long enough to play golf. The cool wet weather has everything looking healthy and lush. It's been a pleasant spring and early summer. I'm very busy right now so what remains of the summer will fly by and before you know it Winter storm threats will appear on the horizon. Can't wait.

Getting psyched for the annual Chesterfield 4th of July parade. They have the antique cars again this year!!! yes!!lol I really do like the fighter jet flyover. That makes it worthwhile. Happy 4th!!! We are very lucky to be Americans.

I'd be willing to drive one of your frontloaders in the parade. I may run over one or two people/cars but I'll get a hold of it quickly.

Getting psyched for the annual Chesterfield 4th of July parade. They have the antique cars again this year!!! yes!!lol I really do like the fighter jet flyover. That makes it worthwhile. Happy 4th!!! We are very lucky to be Americans.

What the.....they have a jet flyover...in Chesterfield??

Archived