Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
First heat wave of 2011 obs/disco -- smashes many records

Ian

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's mostly just silly to reference these stations that aren't placed or calibrated properly....

Franklin I mentioned cause it hit 100 degrees... I don't know if that is a good station or not. Emporia is always messed up... and I was just posting for a laugh. I don't know why that station even exists with the wrong info most of the time

it's mostly just silly to reference these stations that aren't placed or calibrated properly....

It's interesting that you post this as I have thought for a long time that my local station, KOKV, is off. It is consistently as warm, or warmer, than stations that you would think it would be colder than, like DCA. Last summer it seems we were higher almost every day. You would think that elevation and being away from any urban heating that we would be consistently cooler.

I know some of the other FDK people are putting up some really high temps, but I only hit 96.3 today.

:gun_bandana:

yesterday was horrible. I doubted the 99 degree reading on my car thermometer until I saw that the airport was reporting the same thing.

It was even hot hiking though Cunningham Falls yesterday

Archived