Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA Summer Thread

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what you guys are on but give me some of it.

I was obviously exaggerating about the "refreshing" part, but today in NO way compares to the heat wave around here of July, '95. Today is a walk in the park compared to back then. (at least to me and my memory...it was in the mid 90's by mid morning on a couple of those days, if i'm remembering correctly)

I was obviously exaggerating about the "refreshing" part, but today in NO way compares to the heat wave around here of July, '95. Today is a walk in the park compared to back then. (at least to me and my memory...it was in the mid 90's by mid morning on a couple of those days, if i'm remembering correctly)

Yeah i remember. we had 2 bad fires in 2 days. Guys were dropping like flies.

The beer didn't even taste good and thats saying something right there!

Yeah i remember. we had 2 bad fires in 2 days. Guys were dropping like flies.

The beer didn't even taste good and thats saying something right there!

That was truly bad. i remember on one of those days, it might have been a Saturday, (not sure) i had 88 at 6am, and it was 95 around 9am. Dewpoints were around 80, and the haze was crazy...the sky was a milky whiteish-yellow all day.

I like to look back and see history but in this case, July '95 didn't look too bad. One day hit 97 but that was about it. July '94 or '96 weren't bad either. Perhaps another year and/or month?

http://www.wundergro...eq_statename=NA

Welcome to my home of Texas, everyone!

Now imagine having two-a-day football practices in this. We went 9 a.m. - 11 a.m., break, 1 p.m - 3 p.m. the first three weeks of August.

I'm shocked none of us died. :)

This sucks.

Activities like that should be banned by schools when the heat index gets above 100 degrees. Or the parents and kids should sign a waiver.

Wow, KAOO officially at 100 degrees as well.. that might be the first time i've ever seen that station hit the century mark.

Any mid-long range thoughts? As in, rain chances and if we get any kind of extended break from the heat? I have heard a bit about a flip at the beginning of August to normal temps.

Activities like that should be banned by schools when the heat index gets above 100 degrees. Or the parents and kids should sign a waiver.

We did sign waivers. They were pretty good about making sure we took water breaks every 15-20 minutes. I recall all the time the thermometer on the field hitting 125, and in full pads it wasn't fun.

But you really do get used to it - seriously.

Archived