wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
SNE Countdown to Summer. 5/25-5/31 Obs Disco Inferno

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTV is mentioning possible tornadoes in their Special Weather Statement... very rare for them to actually come out and say it.

From you mets in this thread, if you don't mind a NNE question... what time do you think are we looking at the best shot for SVR up here? I'm hoping to do a trail run to the top of Mansfield and back in about an hour. Round-trip time is around 2 hours, so hopefully off the mountain by 3pm. Think I'm safe?

I've been at 4,000ft in a thunderstorm and its not fun. When your hair starts to stand on end, its time to run.

Watch hi res satellite for the TCU in NY/PA... 18z to 00z with emphasis in the 5pm range for you, though the Berk els could force things sooner - Lot's of heating... We had a warm boundary blast through even SNE and even our shear profiles look tantalizing - as well, we are heating more than modeled.... I am in the low 80s with DP above 60 here just E of ORH County myself. The triggers are all west so we are likely save here, but someone just west of ALB could get whacked. We'll see how things hold up toward dark...

Watch hi res satellite for the TCU in NY/PA... 18z to 00z with emphasis in the 5pm range for you, though the Berk els could force things sooner - Lot's of heating... We had a warm boundary blast through even SNE and even our shear profiles look tantalizing - as well, we are heating more than modeled.... I am in the low 80s with DP above 60 here just E of ORH County myself. The triggers are all west so we are likely save here, but someone just west of ALB could get whacked. We'll see how things hold up toward dark...

Sweet dude... I hope you guys are able to get some good SVR down there. Its a lot of fun reading the running commentary from you mets.

Hopefully you guys can tap some of this instability... its obvious that stuff could go wild later on, especially given that BTV has received reports of golf-ball sized hail already in northern NY with that cell.

This looks like any cell that can fire up has the potential to go SVR quickly.

tornado watch up for a good chunk of VT/NNYS

It seems odd that its solely for BTV's CWA... seems the watch is for that supercell that developed over NNY.

Also odd that the meso-scale discussion mentions a tornado watch likely for PA and upstate NY... then SPC goes and issues it across NNY and N.VT.

Hey could be worse..lol. Chicago is 44F right now.

No, I think you mean, "I could be worse..lol. All of SNE was butt banged for over a week with that schit" ;)

But yeah, the lake is still damn cold at this time of year and the wind is just perfect for bringing their own version of the N Atlantic to the door step - haha

Yeah why can't we get wx like Joplin, MO... :lightning::devilsmiley: It would even make Wiz forget about Miley for a few days.... It might be that all that marine air and vestigial cold air in Quebec, etc. helps save us from catastrophe in the Spring.

You'd figure just once things would break right for us in severe wx season. Just once we'd see widespread potential for TOR's and severe damage.

Archived