joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Countdown to Summer. 5/25-5/31 Obs Disco Inferno

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:unsure: this is the ECM MOS - although I suspect it's paying clients so it probably shouldn't have been posted here come to think about it.

eh - one time probably doesn't matter.

i just didn't know ecwmf produced a true MOS in the ncep sense. i know that product and i always figured it was the actual raw output.

eh - one time probably doesn't matter.

i just didn't know ecwmf produced a true MOS in the ncep sense. i know that product and i always figured it was the actual raw output.

I've never heard of ECMWF MOS, I thought that was the model extrapolation data.

LOL no kidding. it's ridiculous. it's pretty exciting to see 1 cell get tor warned...nevermind seeing 16 different warnings in one CWA. :lol:

I wonder how much of that is verifying, though... Most of those warnings i have seen are "Doppler radar indcated", as opposed to those of the other day, which read like, "Massive destructive body lobbing death bomb witnessed removing town from planet" type warnings...

I wonder how much of that is verifying, though... Most of those warnings i have seen are "Doppler radar indcated", as opposed to those of the other day, which read like, "Massive destructive body lobbing death bomb witnessed removing town from planet" type warnings...

yeah seems mixed there. one of the warnings was something like "doppler radar indicated" but went on to say "confirmed tornado".

regardless, jaw-dropping event this week...and really just a historic season as a whole. i feel bad for Ian et al who drove out there this season and basically were there to chase in the only quiet stretch of this historic season.

given the geographic reach of this year, you wonder if we'll get our own muted version as the next 8 weeks unfold.

Was that the event that took down a couple hundred trees in Greenfield (along with a 200 year old maple at the Pit) leaving me without power for 4.5 days? That was the inspiration for my generator purchase.

Have you dug it out from the snow sliding off the roof yet?

77.1F/42F Nice and dry I guess we did manage to just touch 80F here (79.7) toooooooorrrrrcchhhhhh!

yeah seems mixed there. one of the warnings was something like "doppler radar indicated" but went on to say "confirmed tornado".

regardless, jaw-dropping event this week...and really just a historic season as a whole. i feel bad for Ian et al who drove out there this season and basically were there to chase in the only quiet stretch of this historic season.

given the geographic reach of this year, you wonder if we'll get our own muted version as the next 8 weeks unfold.

I was wondering about that.

Cantore on TWC last night was talking about how the atmosphere might quiet down in a couple days and then wait for a few weeks and then reload. Maybe we get sloppy seconds

Hey Phil(or anyone else, for that matter). What's your take on our little micro-climate out on the Cape and Islands this weekend. Southerly flow going to be strong enough to mix out the inevivtable fog? I suspect we'll get some high "exaust" clouds from all the storms in the mid-west. No? Westerly flow next week should warm even us up a bit out here.

ENE 12. 62F at my house now.

Hey Phil(or anyone else, for that matter). What's your take on our little micro-climate out on the Cape and Islands this weekend. Southerly flow going to be strong enough to mix out the inevivtable fog? I suspect we'll get some high "exaust" clouds from all the storms in the mid-west. No? Westerly flow next week should warm even us up a bit out here.

ENE 12. 62F at my house now.

yeah i think we'll see the traditional overnight stratus/fog deck at times, lingering into the morning hours. not sure which days will see the most but given the time of year and increasing dews...yeah you know the drill.

Fyi i'm near the junction of I495 and Rt 9 and from here east there has been CU scouring into clear sky, and my trees here are pointing W a bit (so are the flags)..... Don't have to check, the breeze boundary has penetrated at least this far inland... Pretty good 20 mi from the water anyway.

Fyi i'm near the junction of I495 and Rt 9 and from here east there has been CU scouring into clear sky, and my trees here are pointing W a bit (so are the flags)..... Don't have to check, the breeze boundary has penetrated at least this far inland... Pretty good 20 mi from the water anyway.

yeah check the vis. sat if you can. it's pretty cool - sea breeze boundary from cape may all the way up to acadia. LOL.

yeah check the vis. sat if you can. it's pretty cool - sea breeze boundary from cape may all the way up to acadia. LOL.

Interestingly it isn't arriving very cool however... I have seen these lop 20F off a balmy day but this time, the recession goes from warm to tepid. Just wonderful outside for evening plans out of doors.

By the way Scott - the 18z NAM seemed to back off the BD a tad, though still evidence near the MA/NH border. One thing about the 12z and 18z that really sticks out for me is the Golfer zapping garden variety QPF layout - should be some interesting air-mass thunder perhaps assisted by frontalysis offering some weak llv convergence.

Archived