Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Clipper tracking, obs and hallucinations

Ian

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, early this week when the bullzeye ran over my house, I figured I may end up spending Saturday driving up to lets say Harrisonburg to see a few inches of snow. I was glad when it was suppressed the next runs. Now, >36 till show time and its straddling i40 in NC.

I'm not saying the NAM is correct, but the 700mb and 850 mb lows strengthen right as the low gets close---so it makes sense at least. I'd drive to Harrisonburg for 3-5 inches, fun day trip. Not heading to Winston Salem for anything--

I suspect we may have some of you make a road trip out here this winter -- meyerhousebandb.com -- last year nobody came because everyone's snow appetite was satisfied. Next week and next weekend looking good!

GFS only thru 120 -- http://wxcaster.com/...3?STATIONID=LWX

I was all set to come over your way Sunday to ski, then looked on line, and they're not even open yet. :thumbsdown:

bastardi blockbuster, baby!

That's almost reason to bail. lol. We should get something in Dec with all the blocking around. I did look at the superensemble mean D+11 and 3 of 10 analogs gave dca snow. The heaviest was 3.6 in 1962. Gives some hope that the pattern is at least slightly better than climo.

Here is my one hallucination post...the NW extent of the precip looks to have a decent east move to it. I would think the northern extent of the light stuff could be as far as the Maryland border....assuming that light stuff makes it over the mountains which is a big assumption around here.

Archived