EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Clipper tracking, obs and hallucinations

Ian

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a bit juicier and northier than what is currently being modeled huh?

i dont think it had a ton of qpf... not as much as the nam (which has too much likely) at least. in the city it sorta spit snow most of the day and it did accum a bit but if it were not for the superband at the end it would have been a bit meh.

i dont think it had a ton of qpf... not as much as the nam (which has too much likely) at least. in the city it sorta spit snow most of the day and it did accum a bit but if it were not for the superband at the end it would have been a bit meh.

per wunderground .22 at dca and .31 at bwi

Most of the accumulation came at the end with that good band which had excellent snow/dendrite production and it also was timed well about an hour or two after the sun went down.

Most of the accumulation came at the end with that good band which had excellent snow/dendrite production and it also was timed well about an hour or two after the sun went down.

the timing of this right now would be ideal if that can hold

we're still new england till you forceably take the title back

With a block like this, it doesn't matter what ENSO is doing at the moment. Though ironically in this particular setup over the next 3-5 days, DCA/BWI/VA and New England are in two of the better spots while NYC to PHL are probably the worst...your area has the best shot at the developing shortwave clipper/redeveloping storm snows in its early stages, then it goes out to sea but tries to pinwheel back to the NW and hit eastern NE.

At least the clipper is coming at night. That should help out a little. Its still a little early for predictions. But Clippers are almost always disappointing. I'll say 1-2 with some 3" lolly's.

I would say that would be within reach...but I'd still like to see the trend continue. I don't see much more than 2 at this point at all.

I'm more interested in next weeks' potential... I think the clipper is in the bag for at least some light snow. My favorite model Nogaps actually looks to phases the energy as needed by Wednesday out in the southern plains.

With the amount of cold air in the east, and the -NAO forecasted to relax at least a little bit, that has big potential. I seem to recall a very similar setup last December.

I'm more interested in next weeks' potential... I think the clipper is in the bag for at least some light snow. My favorite model Nogaps actually looks to phases the energy as needed by Wednesday out in the southern plains.

With the amount of cold air in the east, and the -NAO forecasted to relax at least a little bit, that has big potential. I seem to recall a very similar setup last December.

Except for La Nada lol.

Well, I'm getting stoked. This has to be a real threat with ORH in the house.

I'm with Phin too. Until it stops, the trends seem to be in our favor.

Maybe snow is our new climo. Sounds good too.

ORH generally only hangs around in the MA forum when he sniffs out a legit threat. He nailed the "cold snow" storm at the end of January. That thing was south for days.

Well, I'm getting stoked. This has to be a real threat with ORH in the house.

I'm with Phin too. Until it stops, the trends seem to be in our favor.

Maybe snow is our new climo. Sounds good too.

ORH generally only hangs around in the MA forum when he sniffs out a legit threat. He nailed the "cold snow" storm at the end of January. That thing was south for days.

I think I remember someone mentioning a rule of thumb on clippers on where they start their dive down that is best for us...something like Minnesota good/Wisconsin bad....how off am I on that?

You want to get the mid-level center to slide south of you or at the very least, nearly on top of you. If it starts its descent later, then there's a good chance the ML center goes across PA and exits the coast north of you leaving you with the dreaded "drying up E of the Mts" type clipper.

Archived