• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2010-2011 SNE snowfall map

ORH_wxman

I've been looking at the medium range guidance and its becoming less and less likely we'll see another accumulating snow event for even the higher terrain of SNE. There always remains the possibility we get something later in the month, but I'm going to start the map anyway as those chances are remote. If I need to add a couple inches from a slop event in a few spots, then I'll do that. I was mostly making sure we didn't get a more widespread event and the chances of that drop off rapidly after the first 2 weeks of April.

So here's the blank map, if you live on this map, then post your totals. No faux weenie totals either, as I will QCing the data before plotting it.

20102011snesnowfall.png

Here are the previous 4 seasons I have plotted:

20092010snesnowfall.png

294iiqf.jpg

11gpwy0.jpg

11rvno7.jpg

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm right at the northern edge of your maps (actually just above the edge) but I'm at 118.4". 44.0069N, 72.3194W. Might be useful for extrapolation....

And you can carry the 100" coloring a little further north for 08-09 in central Orange Co., VT if you'd like. Had around 110" that year... ;)

78.2''

I probably measured a hair low, but we def. did get "screwed" up here compared to the rest of SNE.

Your area back to near Jaffrey and Ashburnham were in the mild screw zone. Its really rare to see Ashburnham and Jaffrey get less than I do, but I beat them handily this winter. There was a distinct drop off that begins about 10-12 miles to my north.

Your area back to near Jaffrey and Ashburnham were in the mild screw zone. Its really rare to see Ashburnham and Jaffrey get less than I do, but I beat them handily this winter. There was a distinct drop off that begins about 10-12 miles to my north.

Do you have legit numbers for Gardner and Winchendon?

I know subdude does Westminster, and there is an Ashburnham gentleman. Templeton and Barre also have members on here, but they don't post much.

Was there much difference between your side of Worcester and the south (lower) side? 6" or so?

Do you have legit numbers for Gardner and Winchendon?

I know subdude does Westminster, and there is an Ashburnham gentleman. Templeton and Barre also have members on here, but they don't post much.

Was there much difference between your side of Worcester and the south (lower) side? 6" or so?

I have 81" for around Winchendon, but it could be a bit higher.

I had more than south Worcester which is also lower down. Probably at least 6" more if not closer to 10" more.

What a great 10 years or so it's been for you guys wrt climo. A couple of dud years, but otherwise a snowy period.

Absurd...Since 00-01, NYC has been above normal seven years (00-01, 02-03, 03-04, 04-05, 05-06, 09-10, 10-11) with normal snowfall one year (08-09). Winter 10-11 was the 3rd snowiest in Central Park's history, and 10-11/09-10 were the snowiest consecutive winters ever.

I've recorded 183" of snow here since the beginning of the 08-09 Winter; this includes five storms of 12"+, and 9 storms of 8"+...that's a lot for down here. Oh, how the rich get richer. Snowman.gif

BOS had their 7th snowiest winter on record with 81.0"...behind 1992-1993 in 6th place at 83.9".

BDL had their 5th snowiest winter on record with 86.4"...behind 1966-1967 in 5th place at 89.1".

ORH missed out on top 10 officially with 92.6" which is good for 13th place. But I believe their severe under measurement on 1/18 cost them a couple spots. They should have been around 96" which would have been 11th.

PVD was too far SE to get in on really big snows but still was comfortably above average with 53.2"

Archived