12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 30 and April Fools Day Potential

stormtracker

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has mostly been an interior elevated event. No surprises really so far, other than the NAM coming west from the Azores. It's still close to a paste bomb for Ray and esp Kevin.

I would rather be where Ray is for this than Kev. Kev could be pinging pellets off his dome while Ray is singing in the snow

We should have realized once Wes left to go fishing winter was over. Has that guy ever really been wrong?

I dunno, its not much probably about 1.5" but its really nice looking out right now with the wet snow sticking to everything. I know it will be gone tomorrow but oh well. Maybe another inch or two tomorrow night with the back end. I would rather it be nice out this time of year for sure so I could hike, bike, golf, and play tennis, but a nice little bit of snow to end the season is alright too.

JB taking out the trash on twitter:

BigJoeBastardi ---Not my year around DC.. only hit one storm this year out of 5 there.. its like there was an anti Joe Snow island there.. opposite last year

19 minutes ago

BigJoeBastardi. ---snows started north of I-70 with this, did not get as far south. Bugs me to no end when I hit patterns, then miss the edge areas. Ughh

19 minutes ago

BigJoeBastardi ---From LAST WEEK though, picking out this monster amplification and the end result of it had merit. DC this winter drove me nuts

17 minutes ago

BigJoeBastardi ---Not my year around DC.. only hit one storm this year out of 5 there.. its like there was an anti Joe Snow island there.. opposite last year

19 minutes ago

BigJoeBastardi. ---snows started north of I-70 with this, did not get as far south. Bugs me to no end when I hit patterns, then miss the edge areas. Ughh

19 minutes ago

BigJoeBastardi ---From LAST WEEK though, picking out this monster amplification and the end result of it had merit. DC this winter drove me nuts

17 minutes ago

:facepalm:

Looking at the nmm and the arw from last night as well as the ruc and I think there is a decent chance we get in on some winter weather tonight. Especially given areas west of i95 had a mixed bag last night. Temps will be the same and there will be some dynamics. Thinking area wide could end as snow.

19 minutes ago

19 minutes ago

17 minutes ago

Way to cover your bases there Joe Bustardi

What will likely happen is the storm will look crappier and crappier unless you are in far NNE. It doesn't snow 18 inches across a wide area in April very often. I wouldn't want to be anywhere south or east of western MA for this one.

Yeah, pretty much. Folks in Maine and central NH are now throwing parties, as expected.

anybody think the nam is still trying to play catchup on this system? The RUC and GFS are putting more emphasis on the LP coming from coastal georgia all the way up the coast while the nam just has a wide area of LP meandering up the coast before phasing in NE. Will be interesting to see the rest of the 12z models.

anybody think the nam is still trying to play catchup on this system? The RUC and GFS are putting more emphasis on the LP coming from coastal georgia all the way up the coast while the nam just has a wide area of LP meandering up the coast before phasing in NE.

i feel like we went through this once or twice during the winter and the lesser solution ended up happening. the euro and nam look pretty similar. i'd lean underperformer around here.

Don't know how this plays out here over the next 24 hours, but, at least with elevation, it looks like it might produce. Crossville, Tn now with moderate snow and half mile vis, Wise, VA. 32 degrees, Beckley, WVa at 31 with quite a slug of precip moving toward them. With any decent precip here tonight, we might get a white ground out of it. Seems likely to stay a little cooler today before the onset of any precip, upper air seems cold enough (it snowed here with a ground temp of 39 yesterday), no warmth to speak of in any surrounding areas, so maybe we get a little snow tonight.

Archived