• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 30 and April Fools Day Potential

stormtracker

is that what the euro is showing? not really. the comma head becomes pronounced as you get toward ne md and northeast but looking at the maps it looks like only a very little at the end would be snow -- probably non accumulating -- and overall the euro isnt that intense down this way. maybe phl north.. maybe.

I looked at the numericals for the EUro...it implies 2-3" of snow up my way in the higher elevations of northern MD at the tail end. Ammounts increase NEward from there. Surface temps are way too warm in the DC/Baltimore area.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at the numericals for the EUro...it implies 2-3" of snow up my way in the higher elevations of northern MD at the tail end. Ammounts increase NEward from there. Surface temps are way too warm in the DC/Baltimore area.

I know the forecast you are referring to is tomorrow's, but you wouldn't think it was going to snow, even in NE with these kind of surface temps

http://weather.unisy...face/sfc_ne.gif

makes sense.. the 0c 850s dont back that far west but are west of balt most of the storm. henry m is another one who would not be employed in any other career choice.

I know the forecast you are referring to is tomorrow's, but you wouldn't think it was going to snow, even in NE with these kind of surface temps

http://weather.unisy...face/sfc_ne.gif

I did not give a forecast, I gave what the model output was. I don't necessarily believe it. Looking at the 2 reporting stations just south and just north of my area the EUro spits out about .4 liquid with surface temps around 33 and colder air aloft. This would imply a couple inches of wet snow, especially given the 2 reporting stations are relatively low compared to some of the terrain. I am at 1000 feet, some spots are around 1100 along the PA border up here, and the resporting stations used are 600 and 800 feet. There is a reason I average 38 inches and Baltimore only 19. Different world. I would agree, outside areas with elevation (above like 750 feet) you probably have to get up northeast of Reading PA before there are any real accumulations at lower elevations on the Euro.

JB and Henry M. bust hugely (many even bigger than this one coming) nearly every single week. Somehow they continue to be employed. If I was incredibly wrong 75% of the time I would be fired and blacklisted in my industry.

Good or bad, people in the entertainment industry only fail or become irrelevant when people stop talking about them. Clearly that's far from the case.

I did not give a forecast, I gave what the model output was. I don't necessarily believe it. Looking at the 2 reporting stations just south and just north of my area the EUro spits out about .4 liquid with surface temps around 33 and colder air aloft. This would imply a couple inches of wet snow, especially given the 2 reporting stations are relatively low compared to some of the terrain. I am at 1000 feet, some spots are around 1100 along the PA border up here, and the resporting stations used are 600 and 800 feet. There is a reason I average 38 inches and Baltimore only 19. Different world. I would agree, outside areas with elevation (above like 750 feet) you probably have to get up northeast of Reading PA before there are any real accumulations at lower elevations on the Euro.

:unsure:

I didn't say you gave a forecast. I said the forecast you were referring to i.e. the Euro.

maybe I should have said: but one wouldn't think it was going to snow, even in NE with these kind of surface temps

:unsure:

I didn't say you gave a forecast. I said the forecast you were referring to i.e. the Euro.

maybe I should have said: but one wouldn't think it was going to snow, even in NE with these kind of surface temps

I don't know its snowing here right now and 32 degrees... about an inch so far.

Sleeting in Pikesville.

JB's newly updated map has me in the 3-6 range. I'm strapped in and ready. :snowman:

MDstorm

I am in JB's 3-6

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.....

hopefully i can get .01 ian

http://www.weatherbe...=blog_home_page

Did his map change since this was posted? Because neither Leesburg or western Howard County is within 50mi of the dark blue.

they are jumping off the Tobin Br in SNE. This is a ORH and north and west special. Poor Kav and Ray, I feel bad for them :lol:

Anyone could see that coming a mile away. CT Blizz still thinks every low pressure area within 500 miles of his house will give him a HECS. He is their Ji. Even does the same pessimistic nasty turn when he decides to bail.

Anyone could see that coming a mile away. CT Blizz still thinks every low pressure area within 500 miles of his house will give him a HECS. He is their Ji. Even does the same pessimistic nasty turn when he decides to bail.

somebody hit the nail on the head up there when they said the models shifted once the kicker was properly sampled over the Canadian NW

that has been the story all year and explains why just about every system that at one point or another modeled as giving us decent snow had it pulled away once the kicker was properly sampled

I just hope I can remember this post next winter

my complaint last year

they could never handle living down here and then act like they could and we just whine too much

Jesus, can anyone let go of the regional wars, who gives an eff, they get snow more than we do, everyone knows that. It is climate. Let them do their thing and the people here can do their thing.

Archived