Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 30 and April Fools Day Potential

stormtracker

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there will be a major amplification and the track of the H5 trough will be good...but its going to be April 1-2 actually by the time that storm hits...so even if everything goes right it could end up being a 35 degree rainstorm. If we want to be more modest I think the Wed evening event holds some potential for an inch or two of snow somewhere from that system coming ahead of the big amplifier.

lol, NAM destroys us...

and its the NAM at 84 hours, so lock it in.

I think that Wed event has some potential but similar to the last one it might be washing out as it slides east, it has better upper level support though. The major amplified storm is 2 days later. Still its interesting that we have 2 storms with winter weather potential heading into the last few days of March and the first few of April.

lol, NAM destroys us...

and its the NAM at 84 hours, so lock it in.

it is so funny when you make forecasts. do you have any training whatsoever or a degree? hmmm? you need to get your homie ass up to UMD and enroll in some courses. You might learn a little something besides driving a bus looking for snow. Looking at the NAM and following it like a dog around here is UNREAL dumb. The NAM sucks. The verification numbers prove it.

$$

RDH

NWS 1985-2010

it is so funny when you make forecasts. do you have any training whatsoever or a degree? hmmm? you need to get your homie ass up to UMD and enroll in some courses. You might learn a little something besides driving a bus looking for snow. Looking at the NAM and following it like a dog around here is UNREAL dumb. The NAM sucks. The verification numbers prove it.

$$

RDH

NWS 1985-2010

:facepalm:

We'll likely be the butt of the joke for that storm, but I'm surprised nobody is mentioning it. Euro actually looked sorta threatening if I'm ready the right panel in the NYC forum. HPC is talking it up and of course JB and co are on it.

You know what, I like snow. I don't care when it may fall or how climatologically unlikely it is to occur. If there is a chance it may fall from the sky, I will follow it until those chances go away. It looks beautiful no matter what month it falls. Here is to one more week of model wathcing in D.C., no matter how painful and fruitless it may, or not, end up being.

"Lets keep in mind that the error in the storm over the last 24 hours was that there was TOO MUCH COLD pushing the storm too far south. I think that given the wavelengths, and something I pointed out on the morning post, the idea of the double barreled late week system with a big buckling of the jet into the east is the correct solution ( though the details will be sorted out later.. the UKMET 967 over DC is overdone and the GFS is too flat at 12z, too far west at 06z, and completely lost at 00z which is why Garrett is saying the automated forecastst for his gulf outing in eastern Pa on Saturday are saying it will be in the 60s A) it wont be in the 60s, and B) it should snow there to stick at least once, if not twice before… including the threat that any golfing outing north of the Mason DIxon line and west into the mid west

is stopped by snow this week."

JB on Weatherbelll

Both JB and JD??? are forecasting SNOW - and quite a bit of it - for next weekend.popcorn.gif

"Lets keep in mind that the error in the storm over the last 24 hours was that there was TOO MUCH COLD pushing the storm too far south. I think that given the wavelengths, and something I pointed out on the morning post, the idea of the double barreled late week system with a big buckling of the jet into the east is the correct solution ( though the details will be sorted out later.. the UKMET 967 over DC is overdone and the GFS is too flat at 12z, too far west at 06z, and completely lost at 00z which is why Garrett is saying the automated forecastst for his gulf outing in eastern Pa on Saturday are saying it will be in the 60s A) it wont be in the 60s, and B) it should snow there to stick at least once, if not twice before… including the threat that any golfing outing north of the Mason DIxon line and west into the mid west

is stopped by snow this week."

JB on Weatherbelll

Both JB and JD??? are forecasting SNOW - and quite a bit of it - for next weekend.popcorn.gif

interesting reading including Dr Dewpoint(?) take on next week event too. D'aleo said snow could reach down into interior of midatlantic, including DC area!!! Could be heavy??

$$

RDH

NWS 1985-2010

Is this post a joke? I sure hope so.

euro puts all the eggs in the first storm with the 12z run. lots of qpf.. 0c 850 never gets much north of DC. surface looks warmish though.second is weak and ots.

Exactly opposite of what JB is touting--lol. Of course, JB had last night's "event" originally pegged for NYC, then adjusted his forecast for the axis of heaviest snow along I-70, and finally had DC in the 1-3 inch band as of yesterday's call. His floundering is not exactly good advertising for the upcoming conversion of his blog to pay per view. :arrowhead:

MDstorm

Are you calling the first storm the midweek storm?

yes, late wed into thurs. i would think maybe northern md someone does well looking at the maps but the surface is marginal. track is pretty ideal if it was jan.

Exactly opposite of what JB is touting--lol. Of course, JB had last night's "event" originally pegged for NYC, then adjusted his forecast for the axis of heaviest snow along I-70, and finally had DC in the 1-3 inch band as of yesterday's call. His floundering is not exactly good advertising for the upcoming conversion of his blog to pay per view. :arrowhead:

MDstorm

im sure the same suckers that paid for it before will pay for it again. :arrowhead:

Archived