• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 30 and April Fools Day Potential

stormtracker

You guys are great... At this rate, some of you will be trying to track winter storms in July from 480 hours out. devilsmiley.gif

if that's all they have to do, the answer is probably yes!!:whistle: Only problem is when joe d'aleo is on board for something its hard to ignore. And he is saying the chance for snow into interior of md, dc included. That's hared to ignore.!!!

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's no major cold source .. i dunno if 0c 850s will do it

True, but you don't think the Euro looks a bit too "amped"? That thing cuts in pretty good. The Ridge in the West doesn't look very amped, it just seems like the look should me more of a Flat Rider off Hatteras rather than Cutting up the Jersey Shore.

Didnt Ian say +NAO on our doorstep?

i said it looked that way.. it's maybe a bit more muddled now whether it goes positive or goes back negative. im just peddling the ensembles anyway.

SHORT TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT/...

-- Changed Discussion --ACTIVE WX PATTERN XPCD BGNG MID-WK. SFC HIPRES IN CNTRL CANADA

ASSOCIATED WITH STAGNANT UPR RDG WILL MAINTAIN COOL AIR WEDGED

AGAINST MTNS. SVRL SHRTWV TROFS WILL CROSS S-CNTRL CONUS THRU THE

WK.

CONFIDENCE IN THE SMALL-SCALE DETAILS OF THE FIRST WAVE IS VERY

LOW OWING TO DISCREPANCIES IN STRENGTH AND AMPLITUDE AMONG THE

VARIOUS MEDIUM-RNG MODELS. WHAT CAN BE AGREED UPON IS THAT PCPN IS

XPCD TO SPREAD NEWD LATE TUE NGT AND ENCOMPASS THE FCST AREA WED.

AS A RESULT...POPS WERE INCRD TO CATEGORICAL.

UPR WAVE IS IN MUCH BETTER POSITION THAN SUN MRNG WAVE TO BRING

MORE SGFNT PCPN AMTS TO FCST AREA. PRIMARY UNCERTAINTY LIES IN

INFLUENCE OF COLD AIR NEAR SFC. SFC LOPRES DVLPG IN COASTAL

CAROLINAS OUGHT TO HELP MAINTAIN COOL WEDGE AT SFC DURG THIS

EVENT.

ATTM...THE PSBLTY HAS INCRD FOR A SGFNT SNOW ACCUMULATION FOR

PORTIONS OF THE FCST AREA. WARM AIR NEAR THE SFC LKLY TO BE QUITE

SHALLOW...SO IT SEEMS LKLY THAT PCPN WILL CHG TO SNOW IN MOST

LOCALES EVENTUALLY DURG THE EVENT. ALL MODELS SHOW SNOW DURG THIS

PD...BUT THE UNCERTAINTY LIES IN AMT AND DURATION.

SREF MEMBERS NEARLY UNANIMOUS IN DEPICTING SNOW IN EXCESS OF 1

INCH ON WED FOR MOST COUNTIES W OF BLUE RDG. HALF OF THE SREF

MEMBERS ALSO SHOW PSBLTY OF SNOW IN EXCESS OF 4 INCHES ON WED. IT

DOES APPEAR THAT WINTER HAS NOT QUITE RETIRED YET.-- End Changed Discussion --

Snap to it people..it aint over till its over. We have two potentials here....are they likely to pan out? lolololol, of course not. BUT we have a chance to all gather round the pot bellied stove one, two more times to track in futility. Let's go out with a bang Mid Atlantic'ers. Suit up and get ready for the 12z runs.

Wow... probabilistic forecasts have northern MD/extreme NVA/WVA panhandle in 80%+ for 1". Baltimore is 70% for 1" and DC is >60%.

I think this has more going for it but how did their probabilities do around here this weekend? ;) Maybe Yeoman remembers.

most of the models have a good track and plenty of moisture. hard to dismiss totally other than the date. i would have to favor elevation north and west but even the cities seem in the game for a wet snow thump for now.

I think this has more going for it but how did their probabilities do around here this weekend? ;) Maybe Yeoman remembers.

Didn't look at them. But the standard rule-of-thumb for the LWX experimental forecast worked brilliantly...take your "forecasted amount" on that page, divide by 10, and you're golden. I got somewhere between 0.01-0.03", depending if the flakes were standing on end or lying flat :whistle:

most of the models have a good track and plenty of moisture. hard to dismiss totally other than the date. i would have to favor elevation north and west but even the cities seem in the game for a wet snow thump for now.

Normally, you tend to overdue "climo", but this late in the season it's probably appropriate...but I do like this threat even down here.

Archived