joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wet Pattern Likely Soon for Tenn Valley/ Southeast

FoothillsNC

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a shafting for central NC is imminent.

well the models had this initial batch aimed for n AL, GA and western SC and southern tier of NC. So far ne GA has already over 1" and plenty more to come there. I think it spreads north to include central NC sometime tonight and tomorrow, so don't give up yet. Plenty more opportunities over the next week as well.

post-38-0-88911400-1301146835.gif

its getting very dark with thunder in the distance. light rain and 48 right now (less than a .10" so far). a nice stormy saturday morning :thumbsup:

edited to add: per foothills post, the heaviest rain has been north but radar is looking good to the west. hopefully mby will start getting some decent rain amounts soon :scooter:

ps. upstate peeps - those echos in ne ga contain some pretty good cloud to ground lightning :guitar:

The 12z NAM continues to spit out snow for the Triad. It would be something if this were to happen. Obviously something that's going to have to be watched very closely.

those snow diagrams are usually way off. Its going to be super -hard to snow in NC outside the mtns, thanks to a warm boundary layer, even if it gets plenty cold enough aloft. The NC high mtns around Avery and Watauga and up into the western VA mtns and southern Wva, esp. the latter two, have a couple more chances and those look decent right now. The nam is bringing another round in Monday, but again its being a little cold. Haven't seen the SREF lately.

On the rain, I'm on the northern edge, getting off and on periods,just to my south a couple miles looks like a soaker. Congrats to SC and GA.

Right on the edge of the rainshield - getting an occasional light shower/sprinkle. They've lowered our expected high for tomorrow down to 41°

We're supposed to be upper 50's today, but sitting at 44 at CLT HKY INT GSO and 45 in RDU and GSP. One upstate station had a fx high of 63 today.:lightning:Amazing after so many years to see CAD blown by up to15 to 20 degrees just 24 to 36 hours out.

You still should get something between today and Monday. I'm barely into it, by a couple of miles. I'd be sick to watch all that rain miss me by just a few neighborhoods. My friends on the other side of 74 have yet to see a drop.

It's raining so hard it knocked the satellite out :thumbsup: ........... I :wub: the sound of thunder

As Foothills called it, this is wild to see 3 nearly identical storm systems (waves) move through in a matter of days. One today, another Monday, and the 3rd on Wed....with nearly stationary high pressure over southern Canada. I don't ever recall seeing 3 storms in a row look so similar.

Yeah i was thinking what a interesting pattern. I'll take it in a second. When closed ridges show up in the models over central or Southern Canada, its time to start paying attention. Over a week ago they showed that and were steadfast, usually thats a sign down here that rain (or precip) is coming. It almost never fails.

2.10 inches of rain in the six mile area in pickens county sc so far today. Currently 43 degrees with wind & heavy rain and lightning lighting up the sky like a christmas tree plus, we are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 5am with wind chills in the mid to upper 30"s?? Very strange to say the least!!!!!!!!!! :arrowhead:

I'm getting some great lightning right now. I wasn't expecting that though, the rumbles of thunder are weak, but still nice to get a thunderstorm at 41 degrees in March.

Archived