joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wet Pattern Likely Soon for Tenn Valley/ Southeast

FoothillsNC

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see so many getting rain (and storms). Had another storm last evening and knocked the power out for about an hour. Total 1.75" so far. I hope we get more (yes i know i am being greedy :devilsmiley:).

The amount of thunder and lightning yesterday and last night did sort of surprise me considering the temps have been in the low to mid 40s

.4" in the bucket. The weather channel last night had my high today at 71. Im at 54 right now so somebody was a little off. Nws was a little better but still not that close. Those are some nasty storms down in Tonyland.

It got interesting :) Mostly over night with heavy thunder ruining my beauty sleep ...over and over. No hail, but it was just a few miles away.

It's raining so hard it knocked the satellite out :thumbsup: ........... I :wub: the sound of thunder

HooDamnRay!!! It is about time..and nothing beats a cool down after upper 80's!! Unless it is after upper 90's..or low 100's, lol. Tony

I had 1.6" in the bucket and that puts me at 7.8" for the month. It was a long night with all of the storms. We had a lot of instantaneous thunder but that didnt wake the kid up. He seemed to wake up with the distant lightning before and after the storms. Glad to see you came through those nasty ones Tony. I know you were counting on your beauty sleep but a good storm is worth waking up for.

Excellent rains and thunderstorms last night around here. GSP picked up 2.30" yesterday, I didn't see any record reports, but thats certainly not normal for there. I had 1.26", which is excellent. More on the way tomorrow and this week. The midweek system looks like a possible drencher again for the Southeast as a whole, more ne to sw oriented ahead of the front. And the final system is uncertain, it may be too close to the midweek system and they may merge, or a smaller final system could develop in a smaller area (GFS).

It got interesting :) Mostly over night with heavy thunder ruining my beauty sleep ...over and over. No hail, but it was just a few miles away.

HooDamnRay!!! It is about time..and nothing beats a cool down after upper 80's!! Unless it is after upper 90's..or low 100's, lol. Tony

It's been just a tad bit to warm for me so far. :) I'm up to 2.09 as of last night and........it's still raining :wub::lol:

Looks like another wet period Wed-Friday:

post-357-0-37343000-1301330111.gif

Thunderstorms Wednesday are likely, the GFS suggests GA may see more severe hailers.

Then it gets cold over the weekend but probably not a freeze except in the mountains. Some folks in GA may end up with over a foot of rain in March.

Looks like another wet period Wed-Friday:

Thunderstorms Wednesday are likely, the GFS suggests GA may see more severe hailers.

Then it gets cold over the weekend but probably not a freeze except in the mountains. Some folks in GA may end up with over a foot of rain in March.

Very possible up here in Dahlonega. Sitting at 9.49" so far for the month.

Looks like the rainy pattern will keep on this week. Wednesday and again Friday. The one on Friday might feature snow again in the Apps, depends on a couple things happening. Looks like a quick cool down but sunny this weekend, but the next amplifying system probably won't be too far away. Looks active. Received .25" from the morning rains.

The GGEM is a big event Wednesday. Gulf is wide open.

post-38-0-86904500-1301343843.jpg

wow, juicy stuff! I have been in hog heaven with all the rain, lightning, thunder and hail we have been having around Atlanta the past few days. Keep it coming! Nice call on the Extended wet period, you sure nailed it for my area. I don't have rainfall totals from the past two events(this weekend) but I'm guessing in Cobb County I'm around 2-3 inches, possibly more.

Looks like the rainy pattern will keep on this week. Wednesday and again Friday. The one on Friday might feature snow again in the Apps, depends on a couple things happening. Looks like a quick cool down but sunny this weekend, but the next amplifying system probably won't be too far away. Looks active. Received .25" from the morning rains.

Great pattern we are in, that's for sure.....hope all is well.

4.68" for the month so far. Let's see if we can break 5 by Thurs am.

It's great to finally see the sun come out for once, even if it is just for a day. After experiencing temperatures in the 40s for highs, the mid 50s feel like mid 60s all the sudden haha. Unfortunately after the frost from this morning and recent rain, this has cause the mole crickets to make a brief return inside my house like how it was during winter. :angry:

Unbelievably spectacular day here finally. Slight breeze, temp of 61, the pollen is in check, and everything is lush and green. Windows open , and saving on the power bill...if only my lawnmower didn't blow up last season on the last cut. And here comes the rain back tomorrow.

It's great to finally see the sun come out for once, even if it is just for a day. After experiencing temperatures in the 40s for highs, the mid 50s feel like mid 60s all the sudden haha. Unfortunately after the frost from this morning and recent rain, this has cause the mole crickets to make a brief return inside my house like how it was during winter. :angry:

Must be nice. It has been consistently cloudy here since last Thursday. Doesn't look to improve until Friday at the earliest either. May go 8 days without sun.

Unbelievably spectacular day here finally. Slight breeze, temp of 61, the pollen is in check, and everything is lush and green. Windows open , and saving on the power bill...if only my lawnmower didn't blow up last season on the last cut. And here comes the rain back tomorrow.

Well, Robert, it was great here today too! Dripping damp in the morning with temps in the 40's 'till late. Anything that can beat back those upper 80's is most welcome in my yard :) I sure am hoping for a cold, wet April and May! And hoping for an above average wet summer to keep it cool down here. You are welcome to the heat.... and 61 is getting close, lol. Tony

Look at the Radar image I'm dealing with this morning! YAY! Already have viewers calling in. It's pretty neat seeing the warm front lift north with that west to east line of thunderstorms. RADAR

Yea it was supposed to stay south of here (the bad thunderstorms) WRONG! One of the worst in a while!

Will be interesting to see how we fare in central NC. RAH isn't near as bullish as the HPC... they're now calling for around .50" today, "perhaps under .10" " on Thursday, and a few hundredths on Friday. I'll take anything that purges out the pine pollen.

Archived