joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wet Pattern Likely Soon for Tenn Valley/ Southeast

FoothillsNC

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.6 inches of rain last night. Was there that much forecast?

looks like the thunderstorm complex has made it much further east , and more quickly than forecast. Woke up to several lound bangs here and just about .50" already.:thumbsup:

The storms woke me up at 5:15am!!!

.80" in the bucket as I left for work about 30 mins ago !!! Yard was full of Puddles !!!

Seems we all were awoken by the best alarm a wx weenie could have; thunder.

The intital band dropped 0.77" at my house with the entire county over a 0.50" and one location at 0.94".

Looking to pick up around 1 - 2" from this storm. Gotta love early spring rains (plus the possibility for high elevation snow tomorrow night)

looks like the thunderstorm complex has made it much further east , and more quickly than forecast. Woke up to several lound bangs here and just about .50" already.:thumbsup:

The storms woke me up at 5:15am!!!

.80" in the bucket as I left for work about 30 mins ago !!! Yard was full of Puddles !!!

Big storm about 5am or so...woke me and the dog up and kept us awake (it was hard to get up this morning lol). I am now over 10" of rain for the month of march :thumbsup:

Likewise. A few loud rumbles of thunder nearly made roll out of my bed around 5:30am haha. Total is up to .72" here it looks like and 4.10" for the month! :thumbsup: The road here looked like a mini river with all the heavy rain falling. Plenty of close CG lightning strikes were around.

:lightning:

Looking back at this month, it's been very wet. Infact going into today we have picked up 6.88 inches.

We had that big storm on the 5th and 6th that dumped 3 inches of rain, then on the 9th and 10th another 2 inches. The middle part of the month was quiet and then here in the past week another surge of rainfall.

Ended up with 1.06" yesterday. Puts me at 4.54 for the month which is slightly above average. The last time that happened was in August.

Ended up with .90" here yesterday, and for the month so far its 4.89" which is about average here, maybe above. March is the wettest month, but don't know right off hand what it is. Either way, you have to go back to August to find a month above normal here also. Its rare to get a month above normal here unless it's an El Nino pattern. Hopefully things are changing and a new overall pattern is emerging for us in the piedmont of the Carolinas.

Archived