amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Give up on an encore

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This winter started slowly up north but it is ending as it should. Big snows lying in northern NE while the areas in the 3 southern states move into spring. Even Mike has patches up in GC. Pete's going to AK and all spring means there is extra light....plenty of snow left there for sure.

Euro keeps the Wed night/Thu wave flat and well south, and RH fields indicate that it is just a glancing blow to south coastal New England with too much dry air further north.

However, IMO it's more likely the wave ends up north of even where the GFS has it given the strong SE US ridge in place. HM mentioned this concern as well.

You don't see it? The wave next Wed nite/Thursday..Plain as day.

If you're looking at qpf..sure it's squashed..overall setup says it's not squashed

That block in Canada and confluence to our northeast is forcing it south. It's also going south on the GFS.

Maybe it comes back north, but all I'm saying is don't get your hopes up for now. Hopefully it does, but I'm not hanging my hat on it for sure.

I think it snows at least 2 or 3 more times in interior SNE between now and April 10th... People are too pessimistic ..or maybe they are just ready for Spring and that would make them 'optimistic' from their perspective. Give me all the snow I can get till middle April anyway..plenty of time for warm wx after that.

Like was posted three weeks/month ago, the -pna/ +nao combo is lethal and hard to bet against.

I think it snows at least 2 or 3 more times in interior SNE between now and April 10th... People are too pessimistic ..or maybe they are just ready for Spring and that would make them 'optimistic' from their perspective. Give me all the snow I can get till middle April anyway..plenty of time for warm wx after that.

I could see a couple of bouts of snow for you perhaps and even Pete, but for most of us..barring a fluke, I think it's pretty much done, especially if next week doesn't work out.

Well yeah, it could snow a little three times and two of those could be non-accumulating for most areas. You are in a bit different region, where snow is fairly common in April. BOS, PVD, HFD, increasingly rare.

I like snow too, but if things are not lining up, no point in holding out hope for a miracle. (ala 77, 87, 97, etc). Realistic is not pessimistic.

Maybe some will get the renegade event that they are holding out hope for. Maybe not. Too little too late for my taste, anyway.

This winter started slowly up north but it is ending as it should. Big snows lying in northern NE while the areas in the 3 southern states move into spring. Even Mike has patches up in GC. Pete's going to AK and all spring means there is extra light....plenty of snow left there for sure.

Yeah we were skunked a bit in January compared to all the snow in SNE, but have made up for it in a big way over the past couple months.

However, I completely understand the "winter's over" talk because for most of SNE outside of 1,000ft + in the Berkshires, winter is probably done.

It is not a shocker that the northern New England mountains hang onto winter longer than the SNE coastal plain, haha.

26" on the ground at 800ft.

38" on the ground at 1,500ft

69" on the ground at 3,000ft

90" on the ground at 3,700ft

Seasonal snowfall at the top is currently 292"... producing the 69-90 inch snowpack from 3,000ft on up.

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Wow what a beautiful morning!

43/35

calm winds

cobalt blue skies

with a light west wind today temps here should easily reach 60, and even higher tomorrow, spring is here, the threat outside of the moutains for snow is gone!!

Rejoice, for soon CTHEAT shall return, and entertain us all summer long, or perhaps he will be CTCOOL and cool troll all summer??????

:bike:

Yep...Happy St Patty's Day, and enjoy a pint. Heavy heavy pints.

Have some pints for me! WOrk, then kids, the wife has parent teacher conferences till 8=no st pattys day beer for me :(

Enjoy these fleeting moments scooter, soon the kids will be around, and you will be driving the town and country limited to work...........enjoy these last moments of freedom.

Have some pints for me! WOrk, then kids, the wife has parent teacher conferences till 8=no st pattys day beer for me :(

Enjoy these fleeting moments scooter, soon the kids will be around, and you will be driving the town and country limited to work...........enjoy these last moments of freedom.

LOL, I'm actually working later today. Was supposed to be in town today, but decided to take some OT. I'll be at Fenway April 8th for our annual mantown day out, so I'll need the money.

Lots of black ice out my way this morning. That rain from yesterday froze up pretty good and it must have washed all the salt away from earlier.

A co-worker of my wife rolled her car on Rt 2 today.

Looks gorgeous out there now. Morning at WaWa Still all but 1 trail open. We'll see what Friday is like there.

Archived