e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 27th Clipper - Feb 28th Dripper Obs/Disco

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. Dom lives there. Don't take his advice on snow measurement practices. You may be in line for more than 5", also.

On a related note, I think GYX is dropping the ball wrt WWAs in my 'hood. Call me a weenie but I call it as I see it. 3-5 here, lollies to 7.

Weenie, I think this system is spread out over a longer period of time and does not meet the critera for a WWA

I knew I'd chase you out with that. So, what's the criteria? 4" over 12 hours? I think that is attainable.

Yes, Thats what it is, It is attainable, I just think the way they are looking at it is a long duration to get to those totals, Thats the only thing i can come up with to why they did not issue one

Yes, Thats what it is, It is attainable, I just think the way they are looking at it is a long duration to get to those totals, Thats the only thing i can come up with to why they did not issue one

Ok. In the larger scheme it doesn't matter. Snow's gonna fall whether GYX flags it or not. I predict they'll eventually issue an advisory.

Your map is too warm here. It's 28.1

That map from 5pm, still about 34F in KBOS 7pm:

KBOS 262354Z 23007KT 10SM FEW110 OVC120 01/M07 A3011 RMK AO2 SLP195 T00111072 10028 20011 58001

EDIT:

I frequently use the Green Building at MIT (tall building facing the Charles River with the giant radar ball on top) for Boston metro obs, I think more representative of the city than Logan airport jutting out into the ocean north of the city...

Green Building at MIT 7:30pm:

34.0F / 20.0 F

Winds 2.0 mph SW

Radar looks good as precip heads nw to se out to our west.

Can someone offer any hope for Monday's system? As far as cold rain

Also helping tonight especially up by you, the nice se flow in the lower levels, good to see composite radar filling in, atmosphere is becoming saturated. Still intrigued with the lp that forms south of new england love to see that signal a little stronger.

I think you look good for 3

Also helping tonight especially up by you, the nice se flow in the lower levels, good to see composite radar filling in, atmosphere is becoming saturated. Still intrigued with the lp that forms south of new england love to see that signal a little stronger.

I think you look good for 3

I could see 3 happening here. Esp with late tick south that we had. 2 puts me at 90 YTD. 3 for 91..as we march towards 100

We;ll see though..I don't feel as confident as i did

Archived