joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 27th Clipper - Feb 28th Dripper Obs/Disco

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

messenger is the snow magnet...taking home the juju from the ski mtns.

I bring the snow. Next weekend will trend colder, I'm going skiing again.

Probably close to an inch here from the OES.

--

Shawnee Peak is really nice. First trip there. Not a difficult mountain, not crowded either. Well run, fairly priced and night skiing. My oldest hit every blue/black trail including a couple that had turned into true doubles with a ton of snow being pushed around. Stayed with a friend in one of the slopeside houses. Man that's good living...puts a whole new perspective on ski in, ski out when you walk 10 feet to the slopes.

I bring the snow. Next weekend will trend colder, I'm going skiing again.

Probably close to an inch here from the OES.

--

Shawnee Peak is really nice. First trip there. Not a difficult mountain, not crowded either. Well run, fairly priced and night skiing. My oldest hit every blue/black trail including a couple that had turned into true doubles with a ton of snow being pushed around. Stayed with a friend in one of the slopeside houses. Man that's good living...puts a whole new perspective on ski in, ski out when you walk 10 feet to the slopes.

Kids have an amazingly fast learning curve. I bought my daughter a 1 hour private lesson and 2 hours later she was on trails I had trepidation for myself. Of course, if I were a normal age for a parent of an 11 yo I'd probably be more like you but I tend to avoid the dixies at this point whenever possible...

Kids have an amazingly fast learning curve. I bought my daughter a 1 hour private lesson and 2 hours later she was on trails I had trepidation for myself. Of course, if I were a normal age for a parent of an 11 yo I'd probably be more like you but I tend to avoid the dixies at this point whenever possible...

We've got to be close to 2", private little snow event down here tonight. Big OES flakes falling.

Yes, we did the 2 hour private lesson at SR and it really made a huge difference. She's becoming a really good skier. She was hitting the "experts only" advanced diamonds by the end of the day Saturday with no problems.

This clipper put me over 2 feet for the month of February. So much for a terrible snow month.

We obviously had a period where the pack was cut in half, but we've managed some events despite that. Not back home yet, but I'd imagine the depth is back to about 25" now...it was 21-22" on Friday night.

We've got to be close to 2", private little snow event down here tonight. Big OES flakes falling.

Yes, we did the 2 hour private lesson at SR and it really made a huge difference. She's becoming a really good skier. She was hitting the "experts only" advanced diamonds by the end of the day Saturday with no problems.

Nice.

Just some on/off stuff here this evening. Had a bit more earlier.

Winter is over.

What is a Dixie?

Archived