Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 27th Clipper - Feb 28th Dripper Obs/Disco

HoarfrostHubb

good to hear

the qpf being signalled by the models is pretty impressive/ridiculously insane, wherever that BZ setsup

i would lean SE, why not.

btw, not that it matters too much for those in SNE, but this current storm is quickly progressing from an amped up st lawrence low to a flatter wave passing from ohio thorugh central new england perhaps....will have to watch how that convection in the MW plays out.

amazing that it was supposed to be a lake huron to james bay cutter only a few days ago.

They just don't make cutters like they used to

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure this was already discussed while I was catching up on some Zs...but what a pretty cool looking "Cold tuck" for E MA as the little mesolow went by. Temps have dropped since morning. Not too often that skiMRG's area is near freezing and BOS is in the mid 20s, lol.

Yeah i noted that on the 18z nam, To bad it does not have another 75-100 mile south trend left in it

euro looked much cooler too, its defintely trying to hedge that way i thought. ive noted it cuts down on qpf on the northern side before it adjust the rest.....its kinda like a warning signal, and it just cutback a fair bit up here at 12z.

considering the storm isnt even on the map really at ths time, and is in its convective formation stage....i wont be putting out a final call for up here until around 11pm after the 00z cycles....i could see this moving a fair bit. one of those last minute storms that doesnt get going until its practically on top of you, always tricky....we'lll see what happens by tonight when we have someting to track on radar as well.

Im sure the difference is amazing, we have another week or so and by then everything but the piles will be gone, however, a month ago the snowpack was historical down this way, all good things come to an end, and for those outside NNE and the mountains, our luck may have run out.

Luck can only rule the calendar so long. Here are a few pics I just took.

1. Pete will be hard-pressed to find the picnic table.

2. A couple from the inside to show the depth of the roofslides. Chances are, depths will be decreasing from here on out--though you never know. In case you can't read it, the sign taped to the door says "use back door".. lol

27.7/24

euro looked much cooler too, its defintely trying to hedge that way i thought. ive noted it cuts down on qpf on the northern side before it adjust the rest.....its kinda like a warning signal, and it just cutback a fair bit up here at 12z.

considering the storm isnt even on the map really at ths time, and is in its convective formation stage....i wont be putting out a final call for up here until around 11pm after the 00z cycles....i could see this moving a fair bit. one of those last minute storms that doesnt get going until its practically on top of you, always sneaky....we'lll see what happens by tonight when we have someting to track on radar as well.

fixed

Luck can only rule the calendar so long. Here are a few pics I just took.

1. Pete will be hard-pressed to find the picnic table.

2. A couple from the inside to show the depth of the roofslides. Chances are, depths will be decreasing from here on out--though you never know. In case you can't read it, the sign taped to the door says "use back door".. lol

27.7/24

You need to shovel the front door.

Epic pics man

I'm sure this was already discussed while I was catching up on some Zs...but what a pretty cool looking "Cold tuck" for E MA as the little mesolow went by. Temps have dropped since morning. Not too often that skiMRG's area is near freezing and BOS is in the mid 20s, lol.

Pitty that Pete cracked freezing and one of the real travesties of the world that some folks have to experience in interruption in their winter, but the season rocks on, here @ the arctic swamp.....time to check the bear trap.

Big winter....big, big winter incoming.

25.2\20

I see an 8'' total in Merrimack and Bedford, so I'll go with 7'' here. This stuff is light and fluffy so it had to have compacted some.

Yeah...my cousins in Nashua at 11 told me they had about 7".

Here in Atkinson I had 6.5". You beat me...second time, in a row!

Icing thoughts for tommorow? I wouldn't mind some icing, lol.

Tomorrow morning looks good for icing. We'll see how long it holds on, but I'm just looking closer at it now...had this first event on the radar for the last 24h and havent looked overly close at tomorrow....though for quite a while its looked like some ice potential on the front end.

Pitty that Pete cracked freezing and one of the real travesties of the world that some folks have to experience in interruption in their winter, but the season rocks on, here @ the arctic swamp.....time to check the bear trap.

Big winter....big, big winter incoming.

25.2\20

I don't think Pete hit freezing. My high was 28.7. He kicks my ass on cooling, but our daytime highs are typically synched.

I don't think Pete hit freezing. My high was 28.7. He kicks my ass on cooling, but our daytime highs are typically synched.

You were further N and NE which today made all the difference. Ashfield got above freezing at 33F and even Peru at 2k got to 31.

Yeah, just saw the Euro. Going to be an icy morning.

How much did you end up with?

I'm been crashed for several hours, but best I can gather is 6" on the nose.

23.5" at the stake....what a wonderful winter's day, but tip's chair-tipping sun agle is very evident, as my shoveled drive way has been licked clean with irradiance, under 25.1* clouds. :lol:

Tomorrow morning looks good for icing. We'll see how long it holds on, but I'm just looking closer at it now...had this first event on the radar for the last 24h and havent looked overly close at tomorrow....though for quite a while its looked like some ice potential on the front end.

I'm unsure as to whether the normal icing rules apply w regard to climo because of that NNE "tuck"....only other time that I can recall that occuring was the Jan 2006 event, in which I got ice.

Archived