12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 27th Clipper - Feb 28th Dripper Obs/Disco

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure the difference is amazing, we have another week or so and by then everything but the piles will be gone, however, a month ago the snowpack was historical down this way, all good things come to an end, and for those outside NNE and the mountains, our luck may have run out.

nah CNE and the elevated interior got plenty left....prop even the southern CP has another storm or two

I haven't seen the Euro, but on the GFS a lot of serious cold dumping over the pole into North American and we have numerous storm threats. I feel bullish that at least one of them brings a good dump of March snow. Last year March was just devoid of arctic air as I recall.

Anyway this week looks fine to keep the snow intact after tomorrow's brief warm up. Deal with the 168 hour threat later I guess because a lot can change.

Well you will have a better chance in a pattern like this. There is some serious cold in Canada, but with a continued troughing out west..we will always run the risk of a cutter or taint job. The GFS looked good in the longer range, but unfortunately the euro ensembles are the warmest it seems. Hopefully the 12z euro ensembles look better. It's close to a great pattern, so lets hope we can get the PV to help push some of these storms east, but can't say that I'm thrilled right now. We'll just have to see.

27BOS, 42GON. Very much climo in gradient patterns.

Your cold just came through MBY

27 FEB 11 18:50 006 08 N/A N/A 29.98 36(F), 2© 28(F), -2© 80% 10+ Missing N/A NO PRECIPITATION N/A 30 F N/A 5305

27 FEB 11 19:41 068 08 N/A N/A 30.00 32(F), 0© 27(F), -3© 78% 10+ Missing N/A NO PRECIPITATION N/A 25 F N/A 5356

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

227 PM EST SUN FEB 27 2011

...FREEZING RAIN WILL RESULT IN HAZARDOUS TRAVEL EARLY MONDAY...

CTZ002>004-MAZ009-011>014-RIZ001-280330-

/O.NEW.KBOX.WW.Y.0015.110228T0900Z-110228T1400Z/

HARTFORD CT-TOLLAND CT-WINDHAM CT-WESTERN HAMPDEN MA-

EASTERN HAMPDEN MA-SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-WESTERN NORFOLK MA-

SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA-NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HARTFORD...WINDSOR LOCKS...UNION...

VERNON...PUTNAM...WILLIMANTIC...BLANDFORD...SPRINGFIELD...

MILFORD...WORCESTER...FOXBORO...NORWOOD...CAMBRIDGE...FOSTER...

SMITHFIELD

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 9 AM EST

MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM

TO 9 AM EST MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS...NORTHERN CONNECTICUT...NORTHWEST RHODE ISLAND AND

ADJACENT AREAS OF MASSACHUSETTS.

* HAZARD TYPES...FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...A TRACE TO LESS THAN A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.

* TIMING...AREAS OF FREEZING RAIN DEVELOPING BETWEEN 4 AND 7

AM...CHANGING TO PLAIN RAIN BY MID MORNING.

* IMPACTS...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SNOW AND/OR ICE IS

FORECAST TO DEVELOP IN THE AFFECTED AREAS...BUT ACCUMULATIONS ARE

EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT. ANY SNOW OR ICE WOULD MAKE DRIVING AND

WALKING DIFFICULT...BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE...ON UNTREATED ROADWAYS

AND SIDEWALKS. WHEN TEMPERATURES ARE BELOW FREEZING...MOTORISTS

NEED TO BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES WHERE

SLIPPERY SPOTS CAN EASILY DEVELOP

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

...FREEZING RAIN WILL RESULT IN HAZARDOUS TRAVEL EARLY MONDAY...

CTZ002>004-MAZ009-011>014-RIZ001-280330-

/O.NEW.KBOX.WW.Y.0015.110228T0900Z-110228T1400Z/

HARTFORD CT-TOLLAND CT-WINDHAM CT-WESTERN HAMPDEN MA-

EASTERN HAMPDEN MA-SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-WESTERN NORFOLK MA-

SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA-NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HARTFORD...WINDSOR LOCKS...UNION...

VERNON...PUTNAM...WILLIMANTIC...BLANDFORD...SPRINGFIELD...

MILFORD...WORCESTER...FOXBORO...NORWOOD...CAMBRIDGE...FOSTER...

SMITHFIELD

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 9 AM EST

MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM

TO 9 AM EST MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS...NORTHERN CONNECTICUT...NORTHWEST RHODE ISLAND AND

ADJACENT AREAS OF MASSACHUSETTS.

* HAZARD TYPES...FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...A TRACE TO LESS THAN A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.

* TIMING...AREAS OF FREEZING RAIN DEVELOPING BETWEEN 4 AND 7

AM...CHANGING TO PLAIN RAIN BY MID MORNING.

* IMPACTS...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SNOW AND/OR ICE IS

FORECAST TO DEVELOP IN THE AFFECTED AREAS...BUT ACCUMULATIONS ARE

EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT. ANY SNOW OR ICE WOULD MAKE DRIVING AND

WALKING DIFFICULT...BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE...ON UNTREATED ROADWAYS

AND SIDEWALKS. WHEN TEMPERATURES ARE BELOW FREEZING...MOTORISTS

NEED TO BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES WHERE

SLIPPERY SPOTS CAN EASILY DEVELOP

Locking up my 2 hour delay now :scooter:

This could be a pretty good icing event for a brief time over nrn orh county. I think what will happen is that these nrnly winds in ctrl and eastern mass will become more ne to e as the night goes on. That should help bank the cold into the higher elevations, in those areas. Also the bottom 1500 or 2000' looks cold, so droplets may have a better time freezing to objects. It won't be all day, but looks icy for some. Even further east towards Sterling, Townsend..etc.

This could be a pretty good icing event for a brief time over nrn orh county. I think what will happen is that these nrnly winds in ctrl and eastern mass will become more ne to e as the night goes on. That should help bank the cold into the higher elevations, in those areas. Also the bottom 1500 or 2000' looks cold, so droplets may have a better time freezing to objects. It won't be all day, but looks icy for some. Even further east towards Sterling, Townsend..etc.

Lovely...

Will gave a good explanation about why Friday's event was not a big icing her, but one town over (Westminster and Princeton) they got a good coating.

Too much cold air sneaking around the ground this time...24.8F/23F attm

Also MRG land will stay 32 or below the entire event. Always happens..Same thing around CEF

Who gets into the 50's briefly?

Lovely...

Will gave a good explanation about why Friday's event was not a big icing her, but one town over (Westminster and Princeton) they got a good coating.

Too much cold air sneaking around the ground this time...24.8F/23F attm

This could be one of those things, that ends up starting out as a better ice event, but will end up warmer than Friday. NAM doesn't really want to warm areas from Will to Ray up all that much. If they do..it's brief.

Also MRG land will stay 32 or below the entire event. Always happens..Same thing around CEF

Who gets into the 50's briefly?

I think he will get above freezing. Looks like maybe you warm sector in the aftn. Now obviously you are high up, but anybody who warm sectors will get to 50. I probably will here.

This mets quotes in Ji's thread are awesome. I feel like i typed them

I definitely do have the reverse SAD.....I dislike the sun and longer days that come with the warmer months. I much prefer a low cloud overcast. Days and days of sunny weather make me quite irritable and I often need to have the curtains drawn in that type of weather. Warm weather too....I do not adapt to warm weather (above 80) and much prefer below zero.

There those of us out there.....a few I have met. It's fortunate I was able to move north....I couldnt stand the weather where I grew up in Kentucky. No winter to speak of....always about 50 miles south of the rain/snow line it seemed which ran often near the Ohio River, and 4 months of the 3H weather. What is so odd, but so true is that I go through a period of almost depression like feeling in the spring time when things get green and leaves come out. Once it occurs my mind if you will can get used to, but going from our snowcover right to greenup is not a fun time of the for me. Everyone else is jubilant, and no one understands why I feel the need to shut the blinds and hit the A/C. Takes all kinds... The best day for me is a High of 5 below with a wind chill of 30 below and light snow. Worst day sunshine...south wind at 30 mph and 90 degrees. Worse yet having 3 or 4 days in a row of sunshine with little cloud cover in between. That is why I couldnt live in the desert southwest......

I think he will get above freezing. Looks like maybe you warm sector in the aftn. Now obviously you are high up, but anybody who warm sectors will get to 50. I probably will here.

Yeah it's inevitable..Finally a warm sector here. Been since Dec since that's happened. Hopefully just mid 40's or something though i could see upper 40's happening

I just hope it's brief and not for 12 hours

As of 1PM, BOS officially 5.3 with this event....78.8 for the season...and hopefully some more in the tank. This "weak" month produced 18.5 inches of snow...lol...

Above climo but hey winter was declared over multiple times by posters here. Winter always has warm days and cutters but it also has snow days. Congrats, my thoughts on the Euro is that it would not take much imagination for that day 6/7 closed ULL to be further south and east. Watching that one intently. Phil has been all over it.

Euro ensembles are interesting for next week. They bring that front through with rain on the weekend, but seems like a wave or just overrunning potential next Monday. Then a follow up low potentially, but that may be another mixed mess. At least it looks active.

good to hear

the qpf being signalled by the models is pretty impressive/ridiculously insane, wherever that BZ setsup

i would lean SE, why not.

btw, not that it matters too much for those in SNE, but this current storm is quickly progressing from an amped up st lawrence low to a flatter wave passing from ohio thorugh central new england perhaps....will have to watch how that convection in the MW plays out.

amazing that it was supposed to be a lake huron to james bay cutter only a few days ago.

good to hear

the qpf being signalled by the models is pretty impressive/ridiculously insane, wherever that BZ setsup

btw, not that it matters too much for those in SNE, but this current storm is quickly progressing from an amped up st lawrence low to a flatter wave passing from ohio thorugh central new england perhaps....will have to watch how that convection in the MW plays out.

amazing that it was supposed to be a lake huron to james bay cutter only a few days ago.

Looks like a sig ice storm for the folks who jack potted today in SNH, NMASS

good to hear

Yeah i noted that on the 18z nam, To bad it does not have another 75-100 mile south trend left in it

Archived