e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 27th Clipper - Feb 28th Dripper Obs/Disco

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the 2.4" at BDL (doubt they are going to record anything new after the 7AM measurement), they are at 86.8" for the season which puts it 2.3" behind 1966 for the 4th place and only 6.3" behind the 2nd place season of 1977 (93.1"). I would think we should get that, but the 115.2" of 1995 is going to be hard to beat.

2.8" new here which puts me at exactly 80" for the season.

Burbank says all rain, no ice. This is interesting in his blog about Wednesday, though. Thoughts?

With some morning sunshine, it should easily warm up to at least 45 before clouds rush in leading to perhaps a squall line of rain and snow and possible lightning. There is a potent upper level short wave which will trigger this action associated with the large temperature change.

45 today.....no way...must mean tmw

sleep time!

ehhh when ....tommorrow?

LOL, both of you FTL.

Burbank says all rain, no ice. This is interesting in his blog about Wednesday, though. Thoughts?

With some morning sunshine, it should easily warm up to at least 45 before clouds rush in leading to perhaps a squall line of rain and snow and possible lightning. There is a potent upper level short wave which will trigger this action associated with the large temperature change.

Burbank also said at 11:17 last night that I'd get about 2"... and I have 6" on the ground Snowman.gif

TDWR sees it better, but a lot of that stuff if low level too. It's not like they're getting a foot. I just think stuff like this is pretty cool. You might have lingering lighter snows too for the same reason.

Hopefully I weenie another .5" and make 6".

26.0\23

23.5" at the stake

I'm out.

Burlington (BTV) airport has just set a new record for its Snowiest February on Record. Records date back to late 1800s.

As of yesterday BTV had 41.5" for the month and the record is 42.3" set in 2008.

Through 7am, 1.1" had been recorded so monthly snowfall at 7am was up to 42.6" and now this month is the snowiest February in the past 120 years.

...CHITTENDEN COUNTY...

1 NE SOUTH BURLINGTON 1.1 700 AM 2/27 NWS OFFICE

I think the more astounding stat, is that at least 4 of the top 10 snowiest February's have come in the past 6 years, and now it might be 5 in the past 7 years depending on if one recent year gets bumped out now.

Regardless, an impressive stretch of February snowfall over the past 6-7 years; and an equally dismal stretch of March snowfall, haha.

nice! its been a great month for them. ive seen it all unfold on radar. :lol:

about an 1/2 inch here ovenight. hopefully we can stay on the snowy side, rather than the icy side tomorrow.

42/35

sw at 7

sunny skies

Just a beautiful day, putting out the deck furniture for good today, clean it and get the umbrella out. Neighbor and son are having a catch outside, hard to believe ll is only a few weeks away, what a difference climo is now between here and even just Boston, two completely different worlds. They are shoveling snow, while I am getting the house ready for spring LOL.

TDWR sees it better, but a lot of that stuff if low level too. It's not like they're getting a foot. I just think stuff like this is pretty cool. You might have lingering lighter snows too for the same reason.

Yeah, these meso-scale events are fascinating. I love when a bunch of minute factors come together to create a fluff bomb for someone. Ocean enhancement, mountain upslope, lake effect, etc... all that stuff is fascinating from a meteorological standpoint.

That little backdoor cold front is really making a strong push south it looks like it's going through somerville/medford and I bet it makes it through boston within the hour. Sneaky cold ftw.

Edit: right on cue we've got a bit of a north breeze and the temp has dropped about 2 degrees.

42/35

sw at 7

sunny skies

Just a beautiful day, putting out the deck furniture for good today, clean it and get the umbrella out. Neighbor and son are having a catch outside, hard to believe ll is only a few weeks away, what a difference climo is now between here and even just Boston, two completely different worlds. They are shoveling snow, while I am getting the house ready for spring LOL.

lmaosmiley.gif You should probably move.

27F with flurries.

lmaosmiley.gif You should probably move.

27F with flurries.

Why would I move? I enjoy all weather, snow is my favorite, but I am a beach bum who grew up on the beach in Pawleys island SC, I live for the sun, and its a beautiful day, besides its going to piss rain tomorrow and wash away all that fluff, time for spring!!:sun:

Man--46* and sunny in westport. Not sure of the therm placement, but the snow's been melting all night.

Can't wait to return to the winter of home. Leaving soon.

Gross.

Worse here in S.I. NY. I can't hightail it for the hideout soon enough today.

I'll feel better once I've crested the NECT Divide in Tolland where the 40's dare not tread.

Vim Toot!

Archived