joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 27th Clipper - Feb 28th Dripper Obs/Disco

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be a nice swath of a solid 2-4'' with some isolated 5-6'' amounts I would think...just where that ends up being will all determine on the track the clipper takes and where the best lift occurs but at least right now it doesn't appear as if this will be moisture starved.

Agree Paul.

I think a good call would be 3-6 between I84 and the pike. 1-3 south of i84, certainly have some bl issues on the coast. North of the pike 2-5./

Agree Paul.

I think a good call would be 3-6 between I84 and the pike. 1-3 south of i84, certainly have some bl issues on the coast. North of the pike 2-5./

That's exactly the area I highlighted in my facebook note for the potential for the highest totals...went central MA down into N. CT for the possible highest totals. I stayed conservative for now only saying 2-4'' with possible 5-6'' in this area only b/c these clippers can be real tricky and look sweet until you get inside the 12-18 HR window than things fall apart.

That's exactly the area I highlighted in my facebook note for the potential for the highest totals...went central MA down into N. CT for the possible highest totals. I stayed conservative for now only saying 2-4'' with possible 5-6'' in this area only b/c these clippers can be real tricky and look sweet until you get inside the 12-18 HR window than things fall apart.

Very optimistic of you!

Maybe things will come together better than AWT

The NAM is alone, but adamant, about keeping this over SNE.

Eh, I'm not sure. Even the GFS ensembles seem north. If I had to guess, hills of sw NH down to ORH..maybe BOS, and points ne. I think a general 2-3" for many seems in the cards. maybe those other areas get 4" or 5". We'll see. Part of me thinks maybe cstl snh could do well. I've seen some of the models generate moist ese flow at like 950mb off the water, while winds are north at the surface. I certainly am not ruling something to the south out, I wouldn't be shocked.

Eh, I'm not sure. Even the GFS ensembles seem north. If I had to guess, hills of sw NH down to ORH..maybe BOS, and points ne. I think a general 2-3" for many seems in the cards. maybe those other areas get 4" or 5". We'll see. Part of me thinks maybe cstl snh could do well. I've seen some of the models generate moist ese flow at like 950mb off the water, while winds are north at the surface. I certainly am not ruling something to the south out, I wouldn't be shocked.

I wouldn't be surprised if its somewhat of a long duration event for E MA/SE NH...I think they are going to snow right into Sunday evening. It'll be light snow, but someone might get a nice lolli total out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if its somewhat of a long duration event for E MA/SE NH...I think they are going to snow right into Sunday evening. It'll be light snow, but someone might get a nice lolli total out of it.

Yeah, you probably noticed what I noticed. That long duration fetch from the east, but up and over cold nrly winds at the surface. Almost like an overrunning pattern.

Archived