• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 27th Clipper - Feb 28th Dripper Obs/Disco

HoarfrostHubb

This winter has been notable for its general lack of heavy wet snow for this area. Yesterday was really the only one.

Granted we have all of March then Pete's Dreamland April Wet Snow Devastator, but we usually have a few more

dave did you have much icing on your trees....signs....etc. cause wa wa especially above 1200' had significant ice accretion......at 1500' it was that nice thick ice that covered the end of tree branches so that when you whack the twigs with your ski pole most of the branch/twig comes off with the ice.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been saying that for days. 2-4 or 3-5 50 miles either side of Pike

You and Will were posting I'd get flurries down here with the sun out tomorrow

We were basically discussing whether you get 2 or perhaps 4". The euro didn't like your area much, but it also won't take much at all to squeeze out 2". NAM still likes your area too and if there happens to be an organized batch of lift going through..2-4 would be reasonable. Actually NAM is a widespread 3-4" with maybe 5 in spots.

dave did you have much icing on your trees....signs....etc. cause wa wa especially above 1200' had significant ice accretion......at 1500' it was that nice thick ice that covered the end of tree branches so that when you whack the twigs with your ski pole most of the branch/twig comes off with the ice.

Did not venture out too far after lunchtime yesterday, but there was some icing. None on my metal railings (still covered in snow on top). Trees have it on branch tips but not on thick branches/trunks.

It also seemed to acrete in larger drop shapes at the tips of branches, so the trees in the woods near me look like amazing chandeliers glistening

Pics don't show it too well...

We were basically discussing whether you get 2 or perhaps 4". The euro didn't like your area much, but it also won't take much at all to squeeze out 2". NAM still likes your area too and if there happens to be an organized batch of lift going through..2-4 would be reasonable. Actually NAM is a widespread 3-4" with maybe 5 in spots.

I've lost complete faith in the Euro this winter. It's been bad on qpf , storm tracks..you name it. Maybe it's right..but i just hearken back to that last light event where folks thought areas north of the pike would get nothing and they all got a couple inches. With the wave goin south of us no reason why it's not widepsread like the NAM has

I've lost complete faith in the Euro this winter. It's been bad on qpf , storm tracks..you name it. Maybe it's right..but i just hearken back to that last light event where folks thought areas north of the pike would get nothing and they all got a couple inches. With the wave goin south of us no reason why it's not widepsread like the NAM has

With it being not terribly organized it could be all over the place, but I would "favor" spots ne of you as of now. No big deal.

I also think Will, and a good chunk of interior sne might not torch Monday. Vortmax once again also goes under sne.

That's the best news I've heard all day, Scott. My zone says mid 40's. That's a torch in my book.

What's your thinkning of the icing situation Sunday night/monday? I see forecast lows near 20 Sunday night, but don't really see how much qpf might be there before temps spike up on Monday.

Yup. Nothing quite as boring as a featureless groomed slope. Is there anything steep enough to really go off piste?

Off the Ropers Road trail (only during daylight, natch) there are some pretty steep pitches that hold snow pretty well. Not sure where the lines people go down end up... somewhere near the State Park HQ?

I hike up those in the fall/end of summer and it is pretty steep. Not MRG but not bad all things considered (distance, cost for me etc). They do have some old growth forest that you can get in big trouble for if you are caught skiing in it (big fines, jail?)

I will never go down that on skiis. I'm too handsome and most of my limbs and joints work pretty well.

Will MRG still be open on your birthday?

That's the best news I've heard all day, Scott. My zone says mid 40's. That's a torch in my book.

What's your thinkning of the icing situation Sunday night/monday? I see forecast lows near 20 Sunday night, but don't really see how much qpf might be there before temps spike up on Monday.

Ginx really needs to know your seasonal total

Archived