• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 27th Clipper - Feb 28th Dripper Obs/Disco

HoarfrostHubb

I'm unsure as to whether the normal icing rules apply w regard to climo because of that NNE "tuck"....only other time that I can recall that occuring was the Jan 2006 event, in which I got ice.

Jan 15, 2007 you mean.

It'll all depend how long wind stays from NE there vs E or ENE...you will be plenty cold initially I think.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were further N and NE which today made all the difference. Ashfield got above freezing at 33F and even Peru at 2k got to 31.

We had a field day discussing the tuck...funny we were just talking about that on Friday night..lol.

I was saying that I feel this could be a pretty good icing event tomorrow morning for your area on north and probably east through Sterling, Townsend etc. I could see these nrly winds now, turn more ne and e as return flow gets established, but all it would do is bank it up on the hills for a while. It's probably still a feed of colder air from se NH and srn ME too. 950 temps seems pretty cold too.

We had a field day discussing the tuck...funny we were just talking about that on Friday night..lol.

I was saying that I feel this could be a pretty good icing event tomorrow morning for your area on north and probably east through Sterling, Townsend etc. I could see these nrly winds now, turn more ne and e as return flow gets established, but all it would do is bank it up on the hills for a while. It's probably still a feed of colder air from se NH and srn ME too. 950 temps seems pretty cold too.

I think I have discovered a new fetish "NNE Tuck" :lol:

You were further N and NE which today made all the difference. Ashfield got above freezing at 33F and even Peru at 2k got to 31.

Guess I'm glad to be where I am. lol

I wonder if my daughter will have an ice day tomorrow. If so, I hope my wife does too (she teaches at GCC) lest I'll need to cancel some meetings.

I may take a risk and not shovel out my generator (picture the roof slides I posted on the other side and you'll have my buried generator) lol.

Yeah unlike the last marginal icing event....the CAD is deeper and goes well up into the boundary layer rather than just right near the surface in the lower 1k of atmosphere. When you see it up to 900mb like that, it usually signals a better chance for more widespread icing. It will accrete better. We'll just have to see how long it can hold on.

You'll def. get it, there.

As soon as my winds flip more ene, I'm done....diff story up there.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. We can normally hold on to cold in Atkinson with an ENE wind for a little while... Lawrence it's a bit more tough. It'll be interesting.

great pics MPM!

whats your depth?

I'm not sure anymore.

When we were driving to CT yesterday, my wife make a great observation. You know there's a lot of snow when no one really is willing to take out the trash (we put it in the little wood out-building). No one's going to put on snow shoes to do it, so you go thorugh knee deep all the way over there and back. A bit more of a chore than at other times of the year. We've learned to really cram the can full before finally drawing straws to see who has to do it (I always do).

WOW did Burbank bust badly last night...forecasted less then an inch at the 11pm broadcast...that's a major bust.

Tommorow he also said all rain, no mix.

This has not been the winter for Burbank. Love the guy...great person, and he's obviously very skilled and knowledgeable...but this is like his third significant bust.

The 18Z NAM is getting the idea that the low level mild air is probably never getting here. Same over toward MPM probably. I looked and the highest 2M temp seems to be 3C here at 21Z. Back down to 0C by 0Z.

This is gonna end up being a pretty good snow and snow/sleet event from YOW to YUL probably. I see BTV is not mentioning any FZRA in the Northeast Kingdom.

I'm been crashed for several hours, but best I can gather is 6" on the nose.

23.5" at the stake....what a wonderful winter's day, but tip's chair-tipping sun agle is very evident, as my shoveled drive way has been licked clean with irradiance, under 25.1* clouds. :lol:

I think this statement should be considered wrt any icing discussions.

I'm been crashed for several hours, but best I can gather is 6" on the nose.

23.5" at the stake....what a wonderful winter's day, but tip's chair-tipping sun agle is very evident, as my shoveled drive way has been licked clean with irradiance, under 25.1* clouds. :lol:

You never post any pics. Can you post some of the snow stake and your snow in general?

Archived