e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 27th Clipper - Feb 28th Dripper Obs/Disco

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense. Wagons north in this one...but MA should still do fine. I'm guessing 2-4" with perhaps a lolli to 5"...esp rt 2 corridor over to NE MA.

What do you make of the next system? Is there any relevance to the postulation that storms may have a propensity to ride along the edge of a deep, established snowpack. One of the weenies put this out there earlier and I have to admit to thinking this was possible myself.

I'm thinking there must be at least some subtle effect. Can't believe the things you said about me last night.lol

The BTV 4km WRF gives eastern Rockingham County about 1.00" QPF. It's that little mesoscale bullseye with the low level easterlies overrunning the NE flow over the interior like Scott mentioned a bit back. The rest of New England looks decent too...probably similar to the 18z GFS with some mesoscale influences mixed in.

The BTV 4km WRF gives eastern Rockingham County about 1.00" QPF. It's that little mesoscale bullseye with the low level easterlies overrunning the NE flow over the interior like Scott mentioned a bit back. The rest of New England looks decent too...probably similar to the 18z GFS with some mesoscale influences mixed in.

what are you thinking in terms of ratios?

Just curious what people's opinions are regarding the biases of the short range models - HRRR and RUC?

HRRR says CT is still in the game but definitely out of their range and it seems in general QPF is way overdone across the board.

RUC people say is typically too far N for coastals and warm beyond 6 hr.

Any other known biases??

snowshoeing is a lot of fun....I have the pleasure of doing some extensive snowshoeing next friday somewhere on Mt. Mansfield (big snow pack study we are working with UVM on)

Great day snowshoeing...must have done 10 miles in the woods....here's a picture crossing over a wooden plank walkway over wetlands between the woods....

Where did you go??

I dropped my daughter in Newton at a friend's and I sent to Cutler Park. It connects from the Newton side to Needham St and also Millenium Park. Basically I went from the trailhead near Nahanton St to Millenium and back. Basically Newton to West Roxbury and back.

I dropped my daughter in Newton at a friend's and I sent to Cutler Park. It connects from the Newton side to Needham St and also Millenium Park. Basically I went from the trailhead near Nahanton St to Millenium and back. Basically Newton to West Roxbury and back.

I think I know the area....near the Charles???

Archived