12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NNE Winter Snow Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shots as always, Powder. Spring is coming--look at the color in that willow!

Those pics got me psyched up for some skiing though. I finally have a few days off later this week--a backcountry mountain tour planned for Thursday (looks like a nice day) and maybe a lift-served day at Burke on Friday. We'll see what Mother Nature has in store for Friday. Speaking of which....

We have 2 Camps, One snow/sleet/rain and one fringe/whiff, We need the one in between.......lol

Hopefully the ensembles are right and we get a solution in the middle somewhere to keep it all frozen

Right--all snow would be best, all frozen next, an inch of northern fringe snow follows that and tracking up to the west? Well, shoot an arrow through my head in that case. :arrowhead:

Euro has a pretty active pattern for us here over the next 7-10 days with 4 potential storms starting on Friday and coming every 2 days there after hopefully most will be of the frozen variety............. :weight_lift:

Suddenly got interesting to say the least...I moved into numbness after the last two weeks...fantasies of veg gardens dancin in my head...calling out a sinking bwnchmark buoy and adding nothing of any value to the board. Ready to be slapped back into feb nh reality! Reporting for duty...

Suddenly got interesting to say the least...I moved into numbness after the last two weeks...fantasies of veg gardens dancin in my head...calling out a sinking bwnchmark buoy and adding nothing of any value to the board. Ready to be slapped back into feb nh reality! Reporting for duty...

Could be an epic 10 days for us or an early spring........ :lol:

Could be an epic 10 days for us or an early spring........ :lol:

Pretty doubtful each one remains all snow (high amounts of awesome if they are, however), but even so it's a nice active pattern in the waning weeks of winter. Beats the hell out of the boring last three weeks. At this stage of the game I'm not even very depressed if there's a rain event or two.

Pretty doubtful each one remains all snow (high amounts of awesome if they are, however), but even so it's a nice active pattern in the waning weeks of winter. Beats the hell out of the boring last three weeks. At this stage of the game I'm not even very depressed if there's a rain event or two.

They won't, Down our way anyways, But the mtns look to really cash in on these, I am sure we will see a mixed bag on some, Right now, Sunadys looks to be all snow..

From the HPC... I'm still not sold either way and my gut has been that this will slide southward, however I thought today's EURO & UKMET might cave in a bit given the very far SE 12z GFS/NAM runs. However that has not been the case at all and now the 18z NAM shifts towards the EURO/UKMET. 12z GGEM also came north from 00z. I just really, really hope we don't go back to a St. Lawrence Valley track, haha... would much rather whiff than get rain.

MIDWEST TO NEW ENG...

ENERGY EJECTING FROM THE SWRN STATES IS PROGGED TO CROSS THE MS

VALLEY AND SPARK AND INTENSIFYING LOW LEVEL CIRC OVER THE OH

VALLEY EARLY FRI. CONFIDENCE IN THIS REGION IS GENERALLY LOW

GIVEN LARGE MODEL DIFFERENCES. THE 12Z ECMWF/UKMET SOLNS ARE

FAVORED WITH THIS SYSTEM...PRODUCING A TRACK SIGNIFICANTLY FARTHER

NW THAN THE NAM/GFS FROM THE OH VALLEY TO WRN PA BY 12Z/FRI. THIS

WOULD PLACE THE BEST THREAT FOR HVY SNOW WITHIN THE STRONG UVV

FROM NRN NY TO NRN NEW ENG WHERE CRITICAL TEMPS REMAIN JUST COLD

ENOUGH FOR MAINLY SNOW AS THE CIRC STRENGTHENS. LIGHTER SNOW

SHOULD EXTEND WWD TO THE NORTH OF THE SFC TRACK AND NEAR THE UPPER

SUPPORT FROM NRN IL TO SRN LOWER MI. SOME ICING IS ALSO POSSIBLE

IN THE TRANSITION AREA THROUGH THE INTERIOR VALLEYS OF NY AND NEW

ENG WHERE BL TEMPS MAY HOVER JUST BELOW FREEZING AS THE SYSTEM

APPROACHES.

Down to 25F from a high of 28.6F. Looks like some wide temperature ranges over the next couple of days before the next system on Friday.

Even with 20s all afternoon there was still quite a bit of melting around low albedo objects. Only a month away from the equinox now.

We noticed that at the mountain, too. There was dripping off the Mountain Operations building even though it was 15 degrees out... in full sunshine this time of year it doesn't really matter what the temperature is if the under-surface is dark.

I also noticed that south facing hillsides have a lot less snow than I thought they do. Already starting to notice a decent difference between south facing slopes and north facing slopes in terms of snowpack.

Nice day on the trails at jackson today

Looking like another beaut tomorrow

Temps were in the mid to upper 20s from the feel of it.

Hopin to see some snow friday

Looks good up there for snow. Remember, the more you spend, the more it snows. Glad you're having a good vacation - I've been at home with a couple of sick 4 year olds. Gah!

Looks good up there for snow. Remember, the more you spend, the more it snows. Glad you're having a good vacation - I've been at home with a couple of sick 4 year olds. Gah!

That suks

Hope they get better soon

We drove through your neck of the wood on the way up.

Came up rt 5 through waterboro, etc.

Mt washington was out in all its splendor, just magnificent.

Sheesh, 3+ hours since last post here.

Me? I got nothin'.

Noo Yawk does that.

I guess NNE will always be a low traffic comment region. The people who actually know something are to my south and west. That's where most of NNE's wx comes from. Read on, there's more to learn...

Once whatever wx approaching us passes them it's as though it was just their models and forecast figment. The storm ceases to exist and forecasting focus shifts back to the SW for the next speedball.

So, the red-headed step children of Maine are left with little to go on. Batboys gathering rosin bags while SNE/CNE sluggers primp and squat to fanboy din.

We dont have the deep meteorologist talent pool to draw from. We certainly don't have the teeming weenies to keep those mets honest. (Thank you, Blizzy!)

But there's justice to be had.

Results. And this is that part of winter when NNE really shines.

No hand-wringing about base-loss.

No perturbed sniffs by distempered snow esthetes as dinge and smut soil their commute.

Nope. This is base-building time for us.

We may not get the foreplay- the wonderful thrill of the approaching storm and the devastatingly cosmic injustice of a near-miss or worse.

We get the afterplay. Yards of it! Through April.

Except last year...

But this year?

This year... WE TOOT!

Vim Toot

Me? I got nothin'.

Noo Yawk does that.

I guess NNE will always be a low traffic comment region. The people who actually know something are to my south and west. That's where most of NNE's wx comes from. Read on, there's more to learn...

Once whatever wx approaching us passes them it's as though it was just their models and forecast figment. The storm ceases to exist and forecasting focus shifts back to the SW for the next speedball.

So, the red-headed step children of Maine are left with little to go on. Batboys gathering rosin bags while SNE/CNE sluggers primp and squat to fanboy din.

We dont have the deep meteorologist talent pool to draw from. We certainly don't have the teeming weenies to keep those mets honest. (Thank you, Blizzy!)

No perturbed sniffs by distempered snow esthetes as dinge and smut soil their commute.

We may not get the foreplay- the wonderful thrill of the approaching storm and the devastatingly cosmic injustice of a near-miss or worse.

Except last year...

But this year?

This year... WE TOOT!

Vim Toot

Its going to rock up here the next few weeks, Da boyz will be a ride'n

Me? I got nothin'.

Noo Yawk does that.

Except last year...

But this year?

This year... WE TOOT!

Vim Toot

Congrats!

Enjoy it... well into April

Thread is surprisingly dead...

The northern hill Yankee is laconic and terse in his speech. If it's five below, it's five below and that's that.

It's five below this morning. ;)

The edge of the civilized world can be found just beyond a Keene--Nashua--Newburyport line!

North of that there is naught but mountain trolls, dragons and barbarians.

The northern hill Yankee is laconic and terse in his speech. If it's five below, it's five below and that's that.

It's five below this morning. ;)

well said Allenson.

balmy this morning on the hill, 0F. 1 mile down hill into town -6F. the pond ice has never been better this year, can't say the same for my snapshot.

you can feel the sun now when it comes over the eastern hill, dog and I stopped to appreciate it a bit this morning, don't need snow to have a good day.

this woke me up....though i,m not convinced

INTERIOR YORK-INTERIOR CUMBERLAND-SOUTHERN GRAFTON-SOUTHERN CARROLL-SULLIVAN-MERRIMACK-BELKNAP-STRAFFORD-INTERIOR ROCKINGHAM-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SANFORD...BERWICK...NORTH WINDHAM...GORHAM...BRIDGTON...LEBANON...HANOVER...PLYMOUTH...WOLFEBORO...OSSIPEE...CLAREMONT...NEWPORT...CHARLESTOWN...CONCORD...HOOKSETT...LACONIA...MEREDITH...ROCHESTER...DOVER...SALEM...DERRY...EXETER303 AM EST WED FEB 23 2011.TODAY...SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH..TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS 5 BELOW TO 5 ABOVE ZERO. LIGHT ANDVARIABLE WINDS..THURSDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING MOSTLYCLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS..THURSDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW. NOT ASCOLD WITH LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS..FRIDAY...SNOW LIKELY. HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. HIGHS INTHE UPPER 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING NORTHWEST 10 TO15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT..FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW. LOWS10 TO 15.

The edge of the civilized world can be found just beyond a Keene--Nashua--Newburyport line!

North of that there is naught but mountain trolls, dragons and barbarians.

A western boundary line on the CT river runs northward until the walls and guardposts of the Hanoverian enclave jut bravely into darkest Injun Country east of Etna.

They forget we're here

Until they need spuds or pulp

Then they'll come begging

Vim Toot "The White"- Baron of the snowy NENNE barrens

Archived