Newest Member
    northernriwx
NNE Winter Snow Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Nam went slightly SE and is 4mb stronger from 06z... :snowman:

Yeah, 12z NAM is a winner for everyone in NNE... Simpson/Allenson in Lebanon/Hanover area, Dendrite, you/Dryslot, Tamarack, sbos_wx, us N.VTers like J.Spin, mreaves, j24vt, borderwx, and looks good for even Mainejayhawk closer to the coast.

Still liking GFL-RUT-LEB axis for a jackpot... continue that line into NH/ME.

Not going to be an easy forecast today, that's for sure.

Good luck man. With the WSW's going down almost to Manchester NH, do you think it will play out like that or is that if it trends colder? BOX has a WWA for 3-5" in Manchester, and (as you know) one town north there's a warning for 8-12" from Gray. Tight gradient. If you have time to answer what are your thoughts in the southern NH area up to Concord?

Are you working? If you are you will have your hands full with how far the R/S line makes it inland

yeah, working today. This is gonna be on of those situations where we may not know far north the significant mix makes it until it starts happening. We'll take a stab though.

Good luck man. With the WSW's going down almost to Manchester NH, do you think it will play out like that or is that if it trends colder? BOX has a WWA for 3-5" in Manchester, and (as you know) one town north there's a warning for 8-12" from Gray. Tight gradient. If you have time to answer what are your thoughts in the southern NH area up to Concord?

I haven't formulated much in the way of new thoughts yet...just starting to digest some new data now.

yeah, working today. This is gonna be on of those situations where we may not know far north the significant mix makes it until it starts happening. We'll take a stab though.

Typically, In these types it will either be just to my SE or go just to my NW, I am usually on the fence here as well as GYX's office, So even a subtle shift of 10-15 miles in track will have huge implications

Perhaps a scenario where we have heavy wet snow during the heavier rates and then taint as it slows down. Maybe a quick heavy dump of 6-10, some taint and then an inch on the backend?

15 miles nnw of CON at 675ft.

Good luck...no matter what you do someone will be thrilled with your incredible insightful performance and someone else will see you as the devil incarnate.Snowman.gifdevilsmiley.gif

Perhaps a scenario where we have heavy wet snow during the heavier rates and then taint as it slows down. Maybe a quick heavy dump of 6-10, some taint and then an inch on the backend?

15 miles nnw of CON at 675ft.

Good luck...no matter what you do someone will be thrilled with your incredible insightful performance and someone else will see you as the devil incarnate.Snowman.gifdevilsmiley.gif

Yeah Mark, There are always winners and losers in all these events, Can't even count how many times it was raining on one end of town here and snowing on the NW end, It happens a lot, A little elevation sometimes makes all the difference

Winner, winner chicken dinner Mike.

I haven't seen much model guidance this week. I just peeked at the 12z nam and the 850s which looked to traverse the me/nh/ma border. Gotta figure there's a sneaky warm layer below that. The system sounds pretty dynamic from what I've read. Mayer if the upper levels are strong enough it can keep this mostly frozen sn/pl just inland from the coast 15-20 miles and N&W of a portland to keene line. Just off the top of my head thoughts.

I see GYX has a new recruit. OceanstWx. Congrats. Looking for some great discussions out of there.

Yeah, 12z NAM is a winner for everyone in NNE... Simpson/Allenson in Lebanon/Hanover area, Dendrite, you/Dryslot, Tamarack, sbos_wx, us N.VTers like J.Spin, mreaves, j24vt, borderwx, and looks good for even Mainejayhawk closer to the coast.

Still liking GFL-RUT-LEB axis for a jackpot... continue that line into NH/ME.

12z NAM is very good for the Gore area and the southern dacks in general. Tough call to drive all that way just for Saturday basically, I have been going up almost every weknd for the past 2 months.

Archived