e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NNE Winter Snow Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vttaconics (near Rutland), Simpson, Dendrite, Allenson, Dryslot, S_Boswx, Tamarack... I think you guys come very close to a jackpot with this one. I really think Dendrite and Dryslot end up on just the "right" end of this with heavy caking snows.

All of us are going to do quite nicely but I really like that CNE band for a shot at double digits (10-11"). This has potential to be a true maple mauler of heavy, wet snow.

Should be a fun day of watching trends... not too many more of these to track it would appear, lol.

vttaconics (near Rutland), Simpson, Dendrite, Allenson, Dryslot, S_Boswx, Tamarack... I think you guys come very close to a jackpot with this one. I really think Dendrite and Dryslot end up on just the "right" end of this with heavy caking snows.

All of us are going to do quite nicely but I really like that CNE band for a shot at double digits (10-11"). This has potential to be a true maple mauler of heavy, wet snow.

Should be a fun day of watching trends... not too many more of these to track it would appear, lol.

One can only hope :)! I'm sure we're all going to be pretty good... It will be matter of whether the max is 9/10 or 11/12... or something in there...

Holy inversion this morning...

-7F at the Morrisville-Stowe Airport/KMVL (700ft)

-1F Stowe village (800ft)

+6F Ski area base (1,500ft)

+18F Mansfield top wx station (3,900ft)

Compare these two... there's a 25-30F difference right now between 700ft and 3,900ft.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/GMgetobext.php?sid=MMNV1&banner=gmap

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?table=1&banner=off&sid=KMVL

Winter Storm Warnings are up from BTV for a general 6 to 12 inches of snow in the area. In the morning forecasts, I can’t quite recall what Bob Minsenberger was going with (I think it was roughly 6 to 12 inches), but Roger Hill was going with a general 5 to 9 inch total with the possibility of greater than a foot in some of the higher elevations. Roger suggested a mixing line up to roughly the Barre/Montpelier area. The totals I heard from Mark Breen/Eye on the Sky were 7 to 14 inches outside of southern NH/VT (2 to 5 inches) and the Champlain Valley (4 to 8 inches). Our point forecast in the Winooski Valley is 7 to 11 inches, and around 10 inches on the BTV Storm Total Snow Forecast graphic. It doesn’t look like it’s a monster storm, but it sounds like there will be a good shot of liquid equivalent for resurfacing the slopes this weekend. I’ve added some of BTVs graphics below.

24FEB11A.jpg

24FEB11B.jpg

24FEB11C.jpg

24FEB11D.jpg

PF, I liked the model trends overnight, Euro was a nice hit, NAM and GFS at 6z were nice hits as well, It keeps me below zero in the upper levels thru out, We will see where the models go today, My second call will be 7-12" here, Low temp here last night was 2.1F

Sounds good to me. I was driving home last night and looking at the snow thinking that we really need a freshening. The pack has grown quite stale over the past week. Not rotten, but stale...

And yep, this might be it for a while. I'm sure we'll get some later winter/spring elevation events to boost seasonal totals but the widespread synoptic stuff just might be winding down.

:(

Where's the love for me (MPV)? :( J/K. I was going post what Roger Hill was calling for but once again JSpin beat me to it. Looks like we will do pretty well. I will not mention what he said about next week's storm though.

And yep, this might be it for a while. I'm sure we'll get some later winter/spring elevation events to boost seasonal totals but the widespread synoptic stuff just might be winding down.

Uh no, your synoptic season is about to drill you guys, Big March incoming Big Big March. Scott Winni spring mode in NNE before April???

PF, I liked the model trends overnight, Euro was a nice hit, NAM and GFS at 6z were nice hits as well, It keeps me below zero in the upper levels thru out, We will see where the models go today, My second call will be 7-12" here, Low temp here last night was 2.1F

I would feel a little more comfortable up here with just a nudge SE for this storm, based on what I see on the NAM and GFS anyway.

Archived