joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Snow Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will get this party started, Looks like we are heading towards a snowy finnish, Lets roll... :snowman:

Looking good for 3-5" here Sunday night. Of course, I said similar about the Toot storm at this time frame and saw mood flakes at verification. Would like to see that second storm drift further north for Tuesday. Beyond that, things look tasty for NNE. All aboard the SWFE train.

Looking good for 3-5" here Sunday night. Of course, I said similar about the Toot storm at this time frame and saw mood flakes at verification. Would like to see that second storm drift further north for Tuesday. Beyond that, things look tasty for NNE. All aboard the SWFE train.

mannix doesn't seem to think so. I'm not a big fan of his

Nice ring to that.

Great ski day & night at Mars Hill for my little girl yestiddy.

My neighbor & sled-buddy loves the compaction he saw then. CAR went to 41f. They spent 9 hrs above freezing.

PQI dropped to 21f last night. Presently 30f and drooling.

Here in NYC the ground is 90% bare. Gonna be 70f today. Horrors.

Vim Toot

Nice ring to that.

Great ski day & night at Mars Hill for my little girl yestiddy.

My neighbor & sled-buddy loves the compaction he saw then. CAR went to 41f. They spent 9 hrs above freezing.

PQI dropped to 21f last night. Presently 30f and drooling.

Here in NYC the ground is 90% bare. Gonna be 70f today. Horrors.

Vim Toot

Break out the coppertone

Bring it for Monday, There are numerous storms lined right up for here in NNE on the GFS, Could be a very snowy march

CAR says, don't get your hopes up around this area for Monday.

WE EXPECT THIS UPPER LOW TO PUSH THE SURFACE LOW WELL SOUTH OF MAINE AS IT RACES EASTWARD FROM THE OHIO VALLEY MONDAY. THIS MEANS THAT SNOW WILL BE THE ONLY FORM OF PRECIP AND DOWN EAST WILL BE MOST LIKELY TO RECEIVE ANY MEASURABLE SNOW. HAVE GONE WITH LIKELY POPS FOR DOWN EAST AND CHANCE POPS ELSEWHERE. THERE'S STILL A CHANCE THE LOW WILL TAKE A MORE NORTHERN TRACK IN THE GULF OF MAINE. THIS WOULD PROBABLY RESULT IN AN ADVISORY FOR DOWN EAST...BUT THIS IS NOT THE MOST PROBABLE SCENARIO RIGHT NOW

CAR says, don't get your hopes up around this area for Monday.

WE EXPECT THIS UPPER LOW TO PUSH THE SURFACE LOW WELL SOUTH OF MAINE AS IT RACES EASTWARD FROM THE OHIO VALLEY MONDAY. THIS MEANS THAT SNOW WILL BE THE ONLY FORM OF PRECIP AND DOWN EAST WILL BE MOST LIKELY TO RECEIVE ANY MEASURABLE SNOW. HAVE GONE WITH LIKELY POPS FOR DOWN EAST AND CHANCE POPS ELSEWHERE. THERE'S STILL A CHANCE THE LOW WILL TAKE A MORE NORTHERN TRACK IN THE GULF OF MAINE. THIS WOULD PROBABLY RESULT IN AN ADVISORY FOR DOWN EAST...BUT THIS IS NOT THE MOST PROBABLE SCENARIO RIGHT NOW

I don't think anyone north of Bangor will see any snow from this storm on monday with its west to east movement

So will this Sunday/Monday event be hitting the Whites? Planning on some XC skiing in Jackson next week and hoping for some fresh snow.

Looks like snowshowers up that way on saturday, We are probably going to need the monday storm to track a couple of ticks north it will be close as of right now

I wouldn't mind a few fresh inches of snow to cover our dog's yellow and brown contributions to the snowpack. I did a clean up this morning but don't really relish the thought of the snowpack melting down to reveal the next layer of half frozen manure for me to bag.

37 when I left the house this morning. I didn't bother to check the low but I think we stayed above freezing and the last of the snow on the front of the barn slid last night. It left a huge pile on the walkway to the cars. A surprise shovelling of the unkind variety.

mannix doesn't seem to think so. I'm not a big fan of his

The PWM TV stations seem to specialize in warministas, and Kevin M. fits right in.

Reached 44 yesterday and had 33 with -RA this AM, road like a bottle, driveway only slightly better (thicker packed frozen stuff beginning to soften - helped by the ash bucket.) At this distance, Mon looks like a 1-3", maybe, and that say 9 storm remains locked in place (meaning, at day 9.)

At least it's looking to be cold - good for the timber harvesting that pays my salary, and keeps snow in the realm of possibility. March can't be as bad as last year, Farmington's mildest March since 1903. Since the 5.6" on 3/2/09, the following 60 total days of 3/09 and 3/10 have dumped a total of 2.5" IMBY; normal would be about 34".

Further note for Dryslot: Your thread subtitle is better than mine would've been. :thumbsup:

The PWM TV stations seem to specialize in warministas, and Kevin M. fits right in.

Reached 44 yesterday and had 33 with -RA this AM, road like a bottle, driveway only slightly better (thicker packed frozen stuff beginning to soften - helped by the ash bucket.) At this distance, Mon looks like a 1-3", maybe, and that say 9 storm remains locked in place (meaning, at day 9.)

At least it's looking to be cold - good for the timber harvesting that pays my salary, and keeps snow in the realm of possibility. March can't be as bad as last year, Farmington's mildest March since 1903. Since the 5.6" on 3/2/09, the following 60 total days of 3/09 and 3/10 have dumped a total of 2.5" IMBY; normal would be about 34".

Further note for Dryslot: Your thread subtitle is better than mine would've been. :thumbsup:

lol, Hopefully its good juju and it works out....... ;)

Sun finally burned through the low clouds about 45 min ago here in AUG, so I expect the mid-40s to hop into the low 50s, though they'll need to do it in the next hr before losing too much sun angle. Wunderground had temp IMBY (actually in Mercer, next town east) at 41, was 38 an hr ago. 62 in ASH at 3 PM.

Surprisingly little meltwater running across sidewalks and parking lots outside the office - probably most is just moistening the snowpack.

Archived