12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NNE Winter Snow Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few forecast tidbits from this morning: The first forecast I heard for the area this morning was from Bob Minsenberger on The Point, and he was thinking a 3 to 6-inch snowfall event for the end of this week. Next up was Eye on the Sky on VPR, and in their short early report they didn’t throw out any numbers that I heard, but mentioned the storm. Roger Hill came on WDEV at 6:15 A.M. for his first broadcast; I didn’t hear any projected accumulations from Roger at that point, but he picked a line across Middlebury-Barre/Montpelier-Bradford to indicate a zone for mixed precipitation. North of that line he was expecting the precipitation to be mostly snow with the potential for a little mix, but he spoke of more mixed precipitation for southern Vermont. Roger was expecting the Friday morning commute to be a bit of a driving hassle with wet snow, and suggested that everyone will need to be on their best driving behavior. As Powderfreak posted in the other thread, the thoughts from the BTV discussion seem similar at this point: SNOWFALL AMTS COULD TOTAL 4-7" ACROSS CENTRAL/S-CENTRAL VT DURING FRIDAY...PERHAPS AS FAR NORTH AS BTV...BUT STILL A BIT SOON TO PIN DOWN AMTS. In Roger Hill’s 7:15 A.M. report he did thrown out some snowfall estimates, he said something in the 3 to 6 or 4 to 8 range, very much in line with the thoughts from other local meteorologists. He mentioned Rutland as another north/south mixing breakpoint. Beyond that Roger said light accumulations for the Sunday event, and then for Monday he used his “Hook Panhandle Low” terminology, with the potential of snow changing to rain in that system.

Looks like gray is going mostly snow for the cwa with fridays system

Models are starting to come into agreement on the track of this storm and it bodes well up this way, Euro came SE, Nam and GFS came NW, Looks like the coast may see some rain but hvy wet snow inland looks like a sure bet...

balmy this morning on the hill, 0F. 1 mile down hill into town -6F. the pond ice has never been better this year, can't say the same for my snapshot.

you can feel the sun now when it comes over the eastern hill, dog and I stopped to appreciate it a bit this morning, don't need snow to have a good day.

I've got a few spare hours this morning before work and was thinking once it warms up a bit, I'd head out for a skate myself. Don't have time to fully suit up for a ski but lacing up the skates and taking a turn around the loop doesn't require more than an hour or so.

Certainly the time to get out and enjoy the remaining winter. After today, I'm off till Monday and I'm planning to get out for a full day ski tour tomorrow and see what Friday brings. A freshening of snow will be most welcome.

And yup, that sun does feel good on a cold morning. As others mentioned, I too noticed our recent dustings of snow melting away on dark surfaces despite air temps only in the teens.

Enjoy!

A western boundary line on the CT river runs northward until the walls and guardposts of the Hanoverian enclave jut bravely into darkest Injun Country east of Etna.

They forget we're here

Until they need spuds or pulp

Then they'll come begging

Vim Toot "The White"- Baron of the snowy NENNE barrens

Vox clamantis in deserto!

Don't forget blueberries, bro.

Oooooo ... first call. Hadn't even thought of one. I'll say mby is lower than your 5-9, but just a tick. 4-7. Five or six is my pinpoint target. I don't know where Matt was coming up with 14" as a high end but more power to him.

Not with these ratios, Prob 10:1, This stuff will be like cement, High water content, Thats actually a decent call for you as you may taint some..

I wonder where the line is going to be on this? I still have a hard time thinking we get a 6"+ snowfall, but who knows...

Could be just inland from the coast maybe 20 miles or so, The Euro is coming SE, Looks like its coming to the Nam, Gfs is still trending towards the Nam as well, But i think the SREF track map that Eric posted in the other thread is where this ends up, I have said that since early yesterday barring any drastic changes today..

Not with these ratios, Prob 10:1, This stuff will be like cement, High water content, Thats actually a decent call for you as you may taint some..

I have a very hard time believing anyone gets more than 7" in this... maybe a couple 8" spots immediately north of the mix line, but I still think this is an Advisory snow event for the all-snow areas.

I hate when Warnings get posted for anything less than double digit snowfall, lol... or at least the chance of double digit snowfall.

I have a very hard time believing anyone gets more than 7" in this... maybe a couple 8" spots immediately north of the mix line, but I still think this is an Advisory snow event for the all-snow areas.

I hate when Warnings get posted for anything less than double digit snowfall, lol... or at least the chance of double digit snowfall.

Someone is definitely seeing more than 7"

The "chiken little" era PF, people need as much to be scared of as possible. I like the NWS in Valdez, AK, anything under 12" doesn't get a special color to signify the impending doom.

I don't know, Nam dumps 1.04" here even with some breif taint verbatium from 6z, I think 8" is possible, But 7 would not surprise me, I have 5-9" first call here and comfortable with that

Archived