THURSDAY...STRONG LOW PRESSURE TO COME OUT OF THE NORTHERN ROCKIES

AND INTO NORTHERN MN. THIS WILL PUT THE REGION IN THE WARM SECTOR

WITH SOME BREAKS IN THE CLOUDS EXPECTED. THIS WILL BE THE WARMEST

DAY WITH MAX TEMPS SOARING INTO THE 60 TO 65 RANGE FROM ABOUT I-80

SOUTHWARD...WITH 50S TO THE NORTH. EXPECT MUCH OF THE SNOW TO HAVE

MELTED BY THEN ALLOWING FOR THE WARM TEMPS. IN FACT RECORD HIGHS IN

JEOPARDY WITH KMLI RECORD OF 62 SET IN 1981 AND KBRL RECORD OF 61

SET IN 1994.

It looks like DTX is going to bust with our highs today. They forecasted a high of 37*F.

As of 3 PM Detroit City Airport is at 30*F and Detroit Metro Airport is at 31*F.

Chuck Gaidica got it right with a high of 32*F yesterday.

As for the snowpack, we've had very little additional melting today.

After a 55 hour stretch (Sat - Mon) of temps above freezing, I'm a little proud of the glacier here sustaining itself to the best of its ability. It's taken a beating, but is still holding strong in spots. Alas, the near future is bleak for its survival...

you should be proud, thats like an extension of yourself practically speaking.:thumbsup:

Hi La Nina! Nice of you to show up. Temps generally above normal and plenty of precipitation for the rest of the winter across the Ohio Valley and Southern Lakes. I absolutely love this kind of large scale pattern, although I probably am looking at mainly rain with the next couple of systems.

Ya this is my favorite type of pattern by far gonna be a fun couple of weeks.

As much of a beating the snow took especially the piles, around the edges, and by busy roads yesterday, the snowcover in undisturbed areas is not a glacier but a literal rock at the moment. Todays core sample was snow depth 7", water equivalent 1.7". Thats ridiculous, like a 4-1 ratio.

Same here...Our 12-18 inches of snow is rock solid here. Barely melted at all today. I could stand on top of it both this morning and this evening without falling through. I think we may be able to obtain some of it through the thaw.

Same here...Our 12-18 inches of snow is rock solid here. Barely melted at all today. I could stand on top of it both this morning and this evening without falling through. I think we may be able to obtain some of it through the thaw.

Yeah Id say you definitely save some. We peaked around 16"...how bout you, 30" or so?

Yeah Id say you definitely save some. We peaked around 16"...how bout you, 30" or so?

Yup, we were at about 30 inches at our deepest. I still have a drift in my back yard that's about that deep...and frozen rock solid. I'll have to take a picture of it. I'd say the average depth around here is about 16 inches in most places right now.

Archived