Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part II

Typhoon Tip

i could def see that happening

Either way were screwed lol...we either get a good 1-2' of snow region wide or we see a solid 4-8'' of snow (more for northern sections) with a potentially significant icing event. I wonder if the state of CT shuts down at all during this event if it occurs to it's potential.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far NNE climbing the railings of the Golden Gate bridge. I won't laugh at that though because then 00z will come in giving NYC all snow.

I bet the NAM comes N and the GFS stays pretty much the same. Euro ens probably a decent place to hedge. Really can't wait to see how juicy they come in.

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats. You guys are having a truly historic winter, probably equal to mine last year relative to departure from climo/averages. We've had some amazing storms on the EC over the past few years.

Long way to go with this Phin, but thanks man. Lots up in the air still.

lol....6-12 D6

I have to make a little bit of a serious note here for every body here in SNE. This week could be potential epic and of couse DANGEROUS. Houses will colapse with this. IF and I mean IF this week turns out to be near or historical record snow accumulation on ground this could be potentially severe. I love snow just like any body here but this couls be a problem from the Hartford to Worcester to Boston area situation.

I have to make a little bit of a serious note here for every body here in SNE. This week could be potential epic and of couse DANGEROUS. Houses will colapse with this. IF and I mean IF this week turns out to be near or historical record snow accumulation on ground this could be potentially severe. I love snow just like any body here but this couls be a problem from the Hartford to Worcester to Boston area situation.

:weenie:

The Euro was at least close to being correct here (and I'd say the same for Burlington) it had the timing and QPF fairly accurate from what I saw

I posted the maps at the end of that storm thread. The 72 hour euro surface prog was off by maybe 200 miles

The gfs at 18z is slower with the ejecting s/w at 60 and further sw with the 2nd digging down the Rockies.

My bet is the nam has the right idea but as always is probably too extreme

I just told my 11 yo daughter that in my life, this is one of 2-3 winters in all of my years. She will remember this one for the rest of her life.

This one ranks with 1960-61, 1993-94, and 1995-96. The other great ones are just a notch below. The way we're going, this season becomes the one to compare all others to.

This winter just amazes me

Sounds like youre giving the nam just a bit more cred after this gfs run.

Don't 0z runs today have the recon data in them? You'd have to be chucking high and low if they come in like this, no?

Noyes called this evolution right after the last storm ended, he has been on a hot streak.

Skeptically optimistic.

8-14 still?

With only the 18z NAM and the 18GFS on board at this point I think a Final call of 8-14" is still prudent. If the models continue this theme tomorrow then I will amend my final call with a Final final call to reflect an upward bump in totals. If need be I will pull the 24-36" card and chuck.

Archived