• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

Yes OT...but you gotta raise em up and chuck em for Uconn..2nd biggest jump in rankings in college b-ball history

Record Pts Pvs

1. Duke (65) 6-0 1,625 1

2. Ohio State 5-0 1,530 3

3. Pittsburgh 7-0 1,488 5

4. Kansas 6-0 1,402 6

5. Kansas State 5-1 1,263 4

6. Michigan State 5-1 1,250 2

7. Connecticut 5-0 1,188 —

8. Syracuse 6-0 1,085 9

9. Missouri 5-0 984 11

10. Kentucky 4-1 890 8

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes OT...but you gotta raise em up and chuck em for Uconn..2nd biggest jump in rankings in college b-ball history

Record Pts Pvs

1. Duke (65) 6-0 1,625 1

4. Kansas 6-0 1,402 6

8. Syracuse 6-0 1,085 9

9. Missouri 5-0 984 11

10. Kentucky 4-1 890 8

Awesome!!!! I was thinking that Kemba must be a Naismith contender in the early going.

And, I think this fall's into the "banter" category.

Fun how averages work out. Comparing that Jefferson site with mine:

The Pit's High/low 40.1/26.4

Average 33.3

Jefferson high/low: 53.2/17.3

Average 35.3

Slow and steady FTW. :)

The Jefferson thermometer might be off...or the solar shield is down. There is no way they hit 53F or even 45F.

The station a couple miles from them:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMAHOLDE2

They don't radiate nearly as well though.

30F here

Might head to Wachusett after dinner again

35.7 here in framingham.....dropping quick

dave did they end up firing the guns last nite? do they usually wait till after 10 (when they close) sorry for OT post.

Will i am pretty sure the JEFF obs. are OFF have noticed on a few occasions that i've looked they were in left field. same with the one in ashland to my South. is almost always a couple degrees milder..in precip events ....even when temps are pretty uniform in a five mile radius.

The Jefferson thermometer might be off...or the solar shield is down. There is no way they hit 53F or even 45F.

The station a couple miles from them:

http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=KMAHOLDE2

They don't radiate nearly as well though.

Makes sense.

A fun preference question for the board: Where would you rather live? A place that provides good radiatoinal cooling or one that has cooler days? Pete's locale allows him to take both. Not given that luxury, I'll always take the cooler daytime highs.

EDIT: As evidenced by my lack of the former, my quick drop has now reversed itself and I've come up .2". Usually that doesn't happen until closer to 6:30. lol

Edit #2. Cancel the drop in Edit #1, have come down .4 to 33.6.

Glad to see some good news today though, it's no surprise to me. Some good times ahead, as we thought. Saturday's snow has held on valiantly despite the AOA freezing temps today. Some of the larger bodies of water are now ice wall to wall. Smaller ponds have a thick enough hide that they are likely solid until Spring. I wasn't kidding last night when I said I thought the Jets/PAts game could be a Snow Bowl, looks like some model support though it's waaaayyy out still. Nonetheless you have to like the current trends . Nice that we're now spending more time below freezing than above. It's only going to get better.

Glad to see some good news today though, it's no surprise to me. Some good times ahead, as we thought. Saturday's snow has held on valiantly despite the AOA freezing temps today. Some of the larger bodies of water are now ice wall to wall. Smaller ponds have a thick enough hide that they are likely solid until Spring. I wasn't kidding last night when I said I thought the Jets/PAts game could be a Snow Bowl, looks like some model support though it's waaaayyy out still. Nonetheless you have to like the current trends . Nice that we're now spending more time below freezing than above. It's only going to get better.

Nice Pete! Glad you guys have a skiff of snow :thumbsup:

Snow still hanging on here, too. North facing aspects look real nice all the sudden. Skied my first tree line of the season today... was fun but the woods aren't quite ready, haha.

Record Pts Pvs

1. Duke (65) 6-0 1,625 1

4. Kansas 6-0 1,402 6

8. Syracuse 6-0 1,085 9

9. Missouri 5-0 984 11

10. Kentucky 4-1 890 8

Rock chalk.

Nice Pete! Glad you guys have a skiff of snow :thumbsup:

Snow still hanging on here, too. North facing aspects look real nice all the sudden. Skied my first tree line of the season today... was fun but the woods aren't quite ready, haha.

Nice, hoping we pick up a little on Wed night/Thurs morning. Check out this site. Telemarkdown.com, my AK friends turned me on to it. Some good deals.

That pond is almost ready to ice fish :thumbsup:

My geuss is within a week the first folks will head out. Nice trout pond, first ice is the best but a bit of a test of nerves.lol

Hmmm, maybe with a rope and a life jacket on.

Watching the small ponds get a skim coat this week has been pretty exciting.

It's that dilemma of badly wanting snow but also looking forward to some snow free ice skating. I'll of course lean toward the snow option.

if the gfs is right should be some epic black ice pond hockey by week two, Stoked for sure!!

Hmmm, maybe with a rope and a life jacket on.

Watching the small ponds get a skim coat this week has been pretty exciting.

It's that dilemma of badly wanting snow but also looking forward to some snow free ice skating. I'll of course lean toward the snow option.

It's actually getting close to ok, it's at 1700'. We through some 15-20lb rocks out and they just glanced off and slid. Soon, very soon. We usually pop a few holes with the auger as we set out on first ice. Although, these days I often wait until I see snowmachines/tracks.lol

lets hope those southerly wind gusts come to fruition! Should be honkin' pretty good down at penfield reef!!:thumbsup:

I was a little on the shocked side when I looked at the GFS/NAM bufkit and saw neither really showed any type of strong inversion or even much of an inversion really. I for sure thought we'd see some sort of moderate to strong inversion in place. Both also have 60-70 knots around 4k or so which is pretty sick. Even like 40-50 knots down to 2k...higher elevation areas are really going to gust pretty well. Kevin's anemometer on his roof may snap off!

Makes sense.

A fun preference question for the board: Where would you rather live? A place that provides good radiatoinal cooling or one that has cooler days? Pete's locale allows him to take both. Not given that luxury, I'll always take the cooler daytime highs.

EDIT: As evidenced by my lack of the former, my quick drop has now reversed itself and I've come up .2". Usually that doesn't happen until closer to 6:30. lol

Edit #2. Cancel the drop in Edit #1, have come down .4 to 33.6.

I'd much rather have the colder daytime highs because it means elevation, and elevation means more snow in the winter.

However, as you said, there are places that get the best of both worlds like where Pete is. There's an area in Holden just N of me too that is around 900 feet that radiates very well and of course they do great in elevation events.

I'm looking forward to it. My neighbor actually snow blows the beaver pond that our properties border.

30.7/26 here now.

Nothing like first or new ice! Fond memories of our neighbors father breaking out the hose almost every evening ensuring pristine ice the next day, those were the days!

I'd much rather have the colder daytime highs because it means elevation, and elevation means more snow in the winter.

However, as you said, there are places that get the best of both worlds like where Pete is. There's an area in Holden just N of me too that is around 900 feet that radiates very well and of course they do great in elevation events.

How's that area up by Kettle Brook Res??? Looks pretty dam high, but must radiate like hell in that little valley.

MIley Cyrus had that too.

Archived