e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, antsy time, looking forward to it. I just looked at heating degree data , it has been cold!

I will enjoy Wednesday more than any other day this week....wx be damned. At least I don't get to cross off the snow storm from the bucket list yet....another reason to live more...

I just keep telling myself..let's just get thru Wednesday and then winter arrives...snow on the ground or falling a week from today looks fairly likely and then the bigger event a few days later.

All the ponds are iced over..has a wintry look out there...let's just get thru Wednesday..let's just get thru Wednesday

The ponds at UConn are iced. It made me happy, but it was bittersweet knowing they'll be back to their old state tomorrow. Still, winter's here.

Pretty sizeable bust on the temp forecast out this way. Topped out at 40.1, down to 38.9/26 now. Still snow remaining--surprised by that.

Hopefully, we'll have some cooler than expected air on Wednesday night to help flip things over to snow quicker (that would be a wishcast in case anyone was wondering).

Chuck um high, chuck um wide, chuck um far, chuck um in your weenie eye, big news today, la la la lock it up.

as we thought, get out those mittens and hats with the little balls at the top, Old Man Winter is coming to whack your weenie. Buy yourself a new ruler and some might want a yardstick. Wax um up, get the snow blowers tuned, he's coming and he's in a weenie frenzy.

Pretty sizeable bust on the temp forecast out this way. Topped out at 40.1, down to 38.9/26 now. Still snow remaining--surprised by that.

Hopefully, we'll have some cooler than expected air on Wednesday night to help flip things over to snow quicker (that would be a wishcast in case anyone was wondering).

temps seemed identical to yesterday for the most part.......temps out by winchendon....ashburnham running 39 ......let the DROP COMMENCE...BUT

looks like some high cloud streaming ESE from NY just in time to keep temps from fallin too much again for the first part of the nite....and for snowmaking?

looks like temps wiil not fall that fast the first part of the nite as clouds overspread by 5pm

as we thought, get out those mittens and hats with the little balls at the top, Old Man Winter is coming to whack your weenie. Buy yourself a new ruler and some might want a yardstick. Wax um up, get the snow blowers tuned, ,he's coming and he's in a weenie frenzy.

are you reffering to yourself in the third person :scooter:

as we thought, get out those mittens and hats with the little balls at the top, Old Man Winter is coming to whack your weenie. Buy yourself a new ruler and some might want a yardstick. Wax um up, get the snow blowers tuned, he's coming and he's in a weenie frenzy.

Good job Edgar Allen Poe..........

does anyone know ....ahemmm Dave....if they turned the snow guns on at wachusett last nite?

I did not see them on when I was there

Did not see them on when I went to bed

Did not see them on on the webcams this morning

Did not see them on when driving by the mountain at 6:50AM

Snow report did not mention

I do not like green eggs and ham

temps seemed identical to yesterday for the most part.......temps out by winchendon....ashburnham running 39 ......let the DROP COMMENCE...BUT

looks like some high cloud streaming ESE from NY just in time to keep temps from fallin too much again for the first part of the nite....and for snowmaking?

looks like temps wiil not fall that fast the first part of the nite as clouds overspread by 5pm

I guess I got a head start----37.0/26.

Wow, the Jefferson station just north of ORH has dropped like a rock. Down to 25.7....they really radiate well in some of these setups.

Fun how averages work out. Comparing that Jefferson site with mine:

The Pit's High/low 40.1/26.4

Average 33.3

Jefferson high/low: 53.2/17.3

Average 35.3

Slow and steady FTW. :)

Archived