Newest Member
    mowsee447
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we thought...no snow for MRG tomorow night..other than some flurries

It is mildly (no pun intended) disappointing to see that dropped from the forecast. But not as disappointing to see the 06z gfs. lol

What's interesting is that I don't think there has been any model run in this run of wild swings that has targeted western areas of SNE with anything. It would be ironic if we're the ones that ultimately see any snow.

It is mildly (no pun intended) disappointing to see that dropped from the forecast. But not as disappointing to see the 06z gfs. lol

What's interesting is that I don't think there has been any model run in this run of wild swings that has targeted western areas of SNE with anything. It would be ironic if we're the ones that ultimately see any snow.

Well one of the biggest mistakes anyone can make is even looking at the 6z and 18z GFS..there's no need or poin to even look at that model until we're under 3 days before an event

Well one of the biggest mistakes anyone can make is even looking at the 6z and 18z GFS..there's no need or poin to even look at that model until we're under 3 days before an event

Exactly! Such a waste of time to even think at looking IMO. The only time I ever really look at is is to just see if it shows any consistencies within the pattern and that's it, nothing more. Like you said though, once inside 2-3 days of an event I generally begin to look at it more, and the same goes in the summer with convection as well.

Exactly, Mike! I'm very happy that there are some threats on the table, and that we're not yet in the bullseye. From what everybody is saying here, the storm probably isn't going to be as surpressed as progged, and like Blizz says, "North trend!"

I think we'll do fine!

Exactly, Mike! I'm very happy that there are some threats on the table, and that we're not yet in the bullseye. From what everybody is saying here, the storm probably isn't going to be as surpressed as progged, and like Blizz says, "North trend!"

I think we'll do fine!

As we thought.

I think everyone has bailed on the threat thread. They've had to hit their head against the wall too many times with all the swings, I think they may be avoiding it unless there's a storm slated for 48 hours.

Nah, It's just the main players were up late and the 00z models were unremarkable. There will be lots of permutations in the next 4-5 cycles but things will come into better focus as Thursday comes to a close. Something will pop next week and I am sticking with my Monday night call. More snow, of a more considerable amount, is close at hand. Even if the models briefly lose the threat all together. The Dec 4-6 period has been flagged on and off for quite some time and, in the end it will bear fruit.

Nah, It's just the main players were up late and the 00z models were unremarkable. There will be lots of permutations in the next 4-5 cycles but things will come into better focus as Thursday comes to a close. Something will pop next week and I am sticking with my Monday night call. More snow, of a more considerable amount, is close at hand. Even if the models briefly lose the threat all together. The Dec 4-6 period has been flagged on and off for quite some time and, in the end it will bear fruit.

There is going to be a storm, The question is which vort or vorts is it going to be the one that produces them, It will shake out by 12z thurs to some extent to where we will start to get some consistency on the models.......

(circle of trust)

Agreed. Looking at the wild model swings and taking them at face value will only drive one insane. Come Thursday we'll have a better idea of what is likely to go down.

BOS elephant watch is on. They are -0.2F for the month and today so far is 49/34 but temp has fallen back to 47. They won't make it back to 0 on the month unless the temp spikes back to about 54F if my math is correct.

wow...today has come in cooler than expected based on a few days back. i'd love to see that streak end for some reason.

wow...today has come in cooler than expected based on a few days back. i'd love to see that streak end for some reason.

They've had several of those days where the MAX temp was held in check significantly by east winds and dry air creating evaporational cooling at the shore. I think the 2-3 days we had helped out.

BOS elephant watch is on. They are -0.2F for the month and today so far is 49/34 but temp has fallen back to 47. They won't make it back to 0 on the month unless the temp spikes back to about 54F if my math is correct.

)

Yeah Jerry FTW on this one.. I thought today would be warmer closer to midnite(like into the 50's)

I think the streak is going to end. Unless BOS somehow makes a huge surge later this evening, but I don't see it happening. I think the month probably comes in -0.1...but we'll see.

Archived