• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    christians
    Newest Member
    christians
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

Nothing like first or new ice! Fond memories of our neighbors father breaking out the hose almost every evening ensuring pristine ice the next day, those were the days!

I'm setting up a 'skating rink' in the backyard for my 5yo. 20x32, just a couple 2x6 staked in with a .6 mil plastic liner. Should be good for hours of amusement. I'd like her to have fond childhood memories of skating too. I can remember making whips on our pond. Nothing like being sent careening off the ice into a snow bank at Mach 2.lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd much rather have the colder daytime highs because it means elevation, and elevation means more snow in the winter.

However, as you said, there are places that get the best of both worlds like where Pete is. There's an area in Holden just N of me too that is around 900 feet that radiates very well and of course they do great in elevation events.

Agree with heavy heavy violence..Much rather have it colder during the day than at night...Like TAN hit 18 this morning but warmed to nearly 50 today while we dropped into mid-upper 20's but stayed in low 40's for highs

I was a little on the shocked side when I looked at the GFS/NAM bufkit and saw neither really showed any type of strong inversion or even much of an inversion really. I for sure thought we'd see some sort of moderate to strong inversion in place. Both also have 60-70 knots around 4k or so which is pretty sick. Even like 40-50 knots down to 2k...higher elevation areas are really going to gust pretty well. Kevin's anemometer on his roof may snap off!

I think it's about 60/40 we see HWW criteria met in SNE..inversion could come back as we get closer.

I'm setting up a 'skating rink' in the backyard for my 5yo. 20x32, just a couple 2x6 staked in with a .6 mil plastic liner. Should be good for hours of amusement. I'd like her to have fond childhood memories of skating too. I can remember making whips on our pond. Nothing like being sent careening off the ice into a snow bank at Mach 2.lol

Right on!

I think it's about 60/40 we see HWW criteria met in SNE..inversion could come back as we get closer.

I definitely agree that HWW criteria could be met somewhere in SNE. I almost find it hard to believe there won't be some sort of inversion, we almost usually have one in place in these types of setups and especially this time of year. Although we'll have to see how warm the sfc temps become and how warm they are in the BL.

It could be pretty nasty just off to our SW down across NJ area.

Don't skate naked, Pete. Those blades are sharp.

Day 2 (or rather, night 2) at Wachusett went well. Very few people tonight. Much more enjoyable. Snow was fast.

Agree with heavy heavy violence..Much rather have it colder during the day than at night...Like TAN hit 18 this morning but warmed to nearly 50 today while we dropped into mid-upper 20's but stayed in low 40's for highs

In that vain, I have gone from what I believe was the coolest site in Massachusetts this afternoon (on the pdfamily site) to now being the warmest west of 495. 32.4/25.

That's fine but don't ski scared. Tensing up is the quickest way to get hurt. Smooth and mellow.

I'm as smooth as Baldy's head...

Just working on keeping feet close together and carving arcs (and avoiding idiots!)... bumps will be later this year

It is weird/cool how the boarders make little ramps out of anything and just hang out watching each other do tricks off the homemade terrain...

They seem pretty mellow :pimp:

I'm as smooth as Baldy's head...

Just working on keeping feet close together and carving arcs (and avoiding idiots!)... bumps will be later this year

It is weird/cool how the boarders make little ramps out of anything and just hang out watching each other do tricks off the homemade terrain...

They seem pretty mellow :pimp:

Beached Whales, Thankfully they don't spend time on steep bump trails.

18/9 good cooling night. Dorm is frosty.

You better get that heat on! Warming here.....up to 31.4, getting the umbrellas ready.

AFD is much more gung-ho on high winds than the zfp--at least out this way.

From the AFD:

BUT WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE GUSTY SE-S WINDS MOVE INTO WESTERN AREAS DURING

THE AFTERNOON. MAY NEED WIND ADVISORIES IN THOSE AREAS...THEN FURTHER EAST LATER ON.

Meanwhile, ZFP has gusts on Wednesday up to 35mph. Breezy, but nothing to get excited about......

I can't figure out my sleep schedule at all. I went to bed at 3:27 AM this morning (I know it was 3:27 AM b/c I sleep with my MP3 player on and I put the sleep on for 2 hours so it shuts off in 2 hours and it shut off at 5:27 AM) and I must have fallen asleep around 3:45 AM maybe but it was only for like 5 or so minutes...I guess this b/c when I awoke it was like a song or two away from the song I was listening to while I fell asleep. Anyways once I woke up I felt wide awake and I tried laying there but couldn't fall asleep so I just decided to give up.

It's weird, sometimes I'll go into like a really deep sleep for like 10-15 minutes then wake up for some reason and feel wide awake.

Archived