joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-29/11 clipper snows

weatherwiz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weird that the pure clippers this year have really been crap and tended to look good 3-5 days ahead only to turn into pretty much nothing. Even that fluff bomb had some help from a southern stream shortwave.

yeah theyve really sucked this year...which is surprising given the type of winter we're having. Usually you need help from all types of storms to be doing this well

weird that the pure clippers this year have really been crap and tended to look good 3-5 days ahead only to turn into pretty much nothing. Even that fluff bomb had some help from a southern stream shortwave.

below

yeah theyve really sucked this year...which is surprising given the type of winter we're having. Usually you need help from all types of storms to be doing this well

Yeah it's odd. I didn't really pay much attention. I remember looking a couple of days ago and most models had .25" or thereabouts in the area. Looked today and although it was a close scrape it look like a solid dusting to 2". Wow, just got uglier.

Also may show that the 18z/6z are useful at times in terms of pointing out trends.

We need the break anyway...hopefully the models continue SE with the big dog.

below

Yeah it's odd. I didn't really pay much attention. I remember looking a couple of days ago and most models had .25" or thereabouts in the area. Looked today and although it was a close scrape it look like a solid dusting to 2". Wow, just got uglier.

Also may show that the 18z/6z are useful at times in terms of pointing out trends.

We need the break anyway...hopefully the models continue SE with the big dog.

Its fine right where it is now. :devilsmiley:

Flakes here as well.

I'm pretty sure we're going to add plenty of snow and maybe some sleet next week. Literally, in densely populated areas, there is NO room to put the snow.

Has Boston started using any of those snow-melting machines (the herasy!)

Weird that in some places, they use snow-making machines, others, not so much...

Archived