joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-29/11 clipper snows

weatherwiz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of little s/w troughs in the flow. The main weekend clipper falls apart on this run. The vort is weaker and less consolidated. The first s/w tries to give NE some snow showers early on Saturday though. Looks like there may be some areas of llvl convergence. Then another s/w passes through on Sunday with much ado about nothing. Looks like a few days of BKN/OVC skies and snow showers.

Do you mean Currier and Ives?

You know who Burl Ives was?

Used to sing "The story of the grey goose" on long car trips with my family as a kid - kind of like singing "99 bottles of beer", but funnier and kid friendly.

Ives was a 1 of a kind a '40-'50s singer who specialized in rustic/folk music for kids.

They don't make 'em like that any more.....

Used to sing "The story of the grey goose" on long car trips with my family as a kid - kind of like singing "99 bottles of beer", but funnier and kid friendly.

Ives was a 1 of a kind a '40-'50s singer who specialized in rustic/folk music for kids.

As for the clipper, I'm not sure who was saying it would amount to anything more than a few flakes out of a cold/dry flow........

Was it advertised by a model that was not shamed into obscurity by the events of last night?

Can't help it, I just have to post this - it took me back 45 years.................

Burl Ives taught me about time dilation when I was 6......

Do you mean Currier and Ives?

You know who Burl Ives was?

It was a joke post. I believe it was BIrving who said the same for the last storm and it is evidently a long-standing joke going back to WWBB. I know who Burl Ives is - a Burly man who drives with his arm hanging out the window of his SAAB.

06z NAM still ain't delivering the goods.

I'm not impressed. Maybe an inch tops. Probably just snow showers around. The leading shortwave screws up the better one behind it and doesn't give it room to amplify like we saw on models 2-3 days ago.

I'd be willing to bet we see a solid light snow tomorrowafternoon from ORH south and many areas pick up 1-3 spot 4 the farther south you go

I meant most would see 1-3 and someone like Shelton will see 4. In a snowy winter...always go for higher amounts. Even today..we'll see coatings this afternoon/evening

Nah, I'm not going to go snowy in this one. It doesn't work out every time. The 4-8" forecasts were much better in the fluff bomb last week than the balls to wall 8-12".

It should be good mood snow though. Coating to an inch is my call. Maybe someone lucky gets an isolated 2" amount but that looks tough.

Nah, I'm not going to go snowy in this one. It doesn't work out every time. The 4-8" forecasts were much better in the fluff bomb last week than the balls to wall 8-12".

It should be good mood snow though. Coating to an inch is my call. Maybe someone lucky gets an isolated 2" amount but that looks tough.

I'll go 1-3..we should know who wins by the time the first beers are ripped back

Looks like the favored mountain areas could get some upslope (Berks) and maybe coastal areas if they can get any Atlantic inflow. T-3" tops.

NAM is better for tomorrow, but not enough ridging out ahead of it to really get some good inflow into this. Perhaps the Cape could see a couple of inches out of it. Still with the vortmax south and a cold airmass..maybe we can squeeze an inch out of it. Maybe a little more in some areas..esp south. It looks like the type of feature where most of the lift is in the 700-500 layer. Probably one of those things where the precip shield it patchy, but there is a smaller, concentrated area of snow that gets a few people with an inch or more. NAM actually has decent lift and RH in the 850-500 layer which is a good start, but I wish we had more inflow from the south or even east.

Archived