gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco/Obs - Gametime

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't end very well...pushes stuff almost due east.

0.50" line is barely to BOS or not even. S of HFD. 0.25" line makes it just NW of a PSM-ORH line...The Cape gets over an inch of qpf though.

So Portland gets less then .2 then..? It's OK, good luck Southern NE, enjoy. I have a towel in my hand in mid throwing motion..

Down (under ?) To 1/2 mile vis

Same here, I'm at 33 how about you?

Doesn't end very well...pushes stuff almost due east.

0.50" line is barely to BOS or not even. S of HFD. 0.25" line makes it just NW of a PSM-ORH line...The Cape gets over an inch of qpf though.

Ouch.

---

ORH 3-6", Kev 4-8", Ray 3-6", Weatha 4-8", Coastalwx home 5-10" Bob 6-12" Capecod04 6-12+, Me 4-8/5-10, Kev 4-8"

banding is going to be wicked tonight, where that sets up who knows.

Phil and I could be 12+ if we can hang on to snow. A lot of SE MA could get hit hard off cape tonight ...12+ if it doesn't get robbed SE.

I will probably be changing this later today just dont think our changes are done.

watched the radar since 545 at work . saw that band moving north and i knew it would be great for the S. coast. when i saw the sharp right turn over by scanton i figured N of the pike was out of play for the late morning....early afternoon. i hope the flow is backing more sw-Ne /NNE and the juice gets transported further up E MA.

Congrats S. RI S CT SE MASS SO far.

crossing fingers that the ULL doesn't whiff.

No the 0.25" goes NW of you...you are just N of the 0.50 "line so probably around 0.40"

We'll see what happens. The Euro has obviously not been good with this storm.

That really isn't too bad, would probably give 3-7'' here.

I'm not entirely sure how much stock to place in the models right now, they have had their strengths with this system but this is just such a complex storm you can understand the troubles they've had.

Were just going to have to watch radar trends basically the rest of the afternoon. Just time to kick back and relax and enjoy whatever comes our way.

What a collosal waste of time this event was.

The RUC dry slots me and the meso have me smowing cirrus....cool. :lol:

so much for 4 days or Euro/Euro Ens. should the whiff verify.

this doesn't mean that much but at least this wasn't a driving rainstorm....

but this is a now cast event....with the sharp qpf cutoff....the 12z euro can't put our minds at ease IMO...it's been bad....this is now cast.

Thank you much.

Why do you say I'm your new favorite? Some kind of inside NOOB kind of joke thing?

Anyway, to make a post of some substance, since my last post about 5 minutes ago, snow has really picked up and the flakes have gotten much bigger. Loving this.

No, this was not a joke.

You are my new favorite because your first post is strongly indicative of someone who:

- is aware of his own limitations with regard to understanding of weather and does not immediately pontificate

- is nonetheless more learned than many of his fellow men with regard to the subject

- is not simply going to occasionally chime in requesting information or forecasts personalized for his own backyard

- is capable of forming a sentence

- has danced with the devil in the pale moonlight

I welcome all of this.

under some 30 dbz stuff right now...coming down nicely with no sign of tainting. Couple fresh inches on the ground.

What's Euro QPF looking like for CT shoreline? Sounds like maybe 0.75"?

Probably about 0.70-0.75 total...but it did model about 0.15-0.20" for 12-18z this morning.

Archived