Newest Member
    joxey
December 26-27 SNE Blizzard Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A request of New England board members:

As we enter a potential top 10 SNE blizzard, please take & share footage to capture 3-4"/hr rates, thundersnow, whiteout conditions, 40+ mph gusts, etc...

As an example, some pretty spectacular 5 second footage I captured from the 1/22/2005 blizzard attached:

Brookline, MA 7:30am 12/26/10

28˚C, light snow, cars coated

Had a dusting here in Maynard when I awoke. Not snowing atm though. Looking like column is already moist so shouldn't be much of a virga issue at the star with this one. Wonder how much places like BVY/Salem MA area will benefit from OES enhancement, they have been known to jackpot in big events.

Snowing nicely. 27 F. 0.3" so far. Radar trends looking favorable for I-95 to the Canal ?Cape jackpot. Just not buying the far western solutions. This is radar and now-casting from here on out.

God I hope your right, went to bed accepting that I'd get around a foot....woke up to maybe 6"...devastating. I need to move away from the S. Shore.

Light snow here at home in Hubbardston, but it was snowing pretty steadily when I was at the Stop & Shop in Gardner. Very few people were there at 7:30AM.

Had a 1/4-1/2" dusting of large dendrite feathers that blew away when I closed my trunk lid.

18.9F/17F

Beers in the fridge, getting the snowblower ready soon, Pats on at 1, HECS on the way... can it get any better???

Archived