joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 1

dmc76

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing tops Dec 2011, but the last 2 December's have sucked. The next 10 days look decent, but the euro wants to kill winter after the 17th.

The deeper we get into winter, a "mild" weather pattern isnt necessarily a bad thing for those that want a good snowstorm north of I80.

It not that I feel we are in peril for having light snow as of early December...it happens very often. It means absolutely nothing for the next 4 months, but the most frustrating thing is the "wasting the cold" that everyone says. Not in a sense that we are using up are allowance of colder than normal days lol, but just that it is COLD outside and itd be nice to have some white. However, local lakes will be getting good ice and the ski resorts will be making oodles of snow.

Last December DTW did not see a flake of snow through Dec 19th and ended up an inch above normal on the month.

You know what is funny a lot of old timers on the construction site told me back in Early November...When it get this cold this early plan on golfing during xmas. Lol

The 1990s have made a triumphant return.

I feel like I moved to Dayton Ohio.... The gravy train went off the tracks after winter 2010-2011.

I feel like I moved to Dayton Ohio.... The gravy train went off the tracks after winter 2010-2011.

Hope this teaches those a lesson in this region the next time they complain about how we get too many 1-3/2-4" snows that they become a nuisance! At least last winter was average for amount of days with snow on the ground, though your area was screwed compared to what they should have received.

It's funny that some posters are like emotionally threatened by the complaint threads.  Which are designed to keep irrational posts like this from mucking up the discussion threads.  You can't even complain in peace without someone taking it so serious they have to break out climo and talk about the actual weather in here. 

Ajdos, on 07 Dec 2013 - 1:04 PM, said:snapback.png

Questions is, will tmrws event (flurries) be our biggest storm of the year? (1"?) I wouldn't be surprised lol and now since models are starting to show second half of Dec above average, seriously OUCH... like we...

Be careful what you say...weather banter in the weather banter/complaint thread does not sit well with some.

Sorry to those who despise cold and dry (I tend to be the same way, but as long as it's somewhat white at times it's ok), my only complaint this winter so far is that it has been a bit boring, but even the boring periods have brought snow chances for some on this forum (sure, they tend to be the same ones like Weatherbo, Blackrock, etc.).  We're still ahead of the last couple of years in terms of snow and that is sure to continue through the rest of the month considering the minor to moderate snow chances that are on the horizon (nothing major, though).

You know what is funny a lot of old timers on the construction site told me back in Early November...When it get this cold this early plan on golfing during xmas. Lol

Funny you say that. Since 1997 when we got our cabin in northern lower Michigan, more times then not a white Thanksgiving gave us a brown Christmas up there. Not every year but for sure more times then not unfortunately. I hope thats not the case this season.

Thats putting it too lightly. GFS and EURO effectively kill winter, you can see the pattern self destructing by D4.

They are warm but it is December, I know people are losing their minds but the posts about winter ending or Adjos 1" being the largest storm of the season, are about as stupid as you can get.

Not stupid....they're just showing frustration. Or, perhaps, pessimism?

It is December 7th not February 7th, hell there are a couple of weak clippers possible this week, we could get a snowfall greater than an inch by the end of the week. Frustration is fine when it makes sense, those posts don't make a bit of sense.

It is December 7th not February 7th, hell there are a couple of weak clippers possible this week, we could get a snowfall greater than an inch by the end of the week. Frustration is fine when it makes sense, those posts don't make a bit of sense.

I think it was a joke more then anything. It is a banter thread

They are warm but it is December, I know people are losing their minds but the posts about winter ending or Adjos 1" being the largest storm of the season, are about as stupid as you can get.

Why is there a complaint thread then?

every year folks come into the complaint thread to complain like you are right now about the folks complaining in a complaint thread or try to deter irrational thoughts like Adjos had with climo and other stats.

But the thread is for that so you don't have to deal with it in the discussion threads.  If you don't want to be apart of the group pity party you don't have to. 

It's so alek can throw out his one liners in peace.

folks should be allowed to wallow in there no snow pity party in peace somewhere.  Nothing said here is serious enough to be upset over or feel the need to post climo like adjos is actually serious. 

Nothing said that is "negative" here is serious, which is the point.

every year folks come into the complaint thread to complain like you are right now about the folks complaining in a complaint thread or try to deter irrational thoughts like Adjos had with climo and other stats.

But the thread is for that so you don't have to deal with it in the discussion threads.  If you don't want to be apart of the group pity party you don't have to. 

folks should be allowed to wallow in there no snow pity party in peace somewhere.  Nothing said here is serious enough to be upset over or feel the need to post climo like adjos is actually serious. 

So it is just one big troll fest, gotcha. Might as well keep all the crap in one place then.

I completely agree with the first half of your post. But I do think people come here out of serious, actual frustration. I KNOW I came here last year :), as I did not see my grass disappear until the end of January. Part of the reason I moved to my current location was for winter, so I was seriously frustrated. Looking back, it really is ridiculous to get so upset over something like that...but it takes time to realize that. It is nobody's place to judge anybody on this thread, because like you said, it is a place where people come to vent.

Archived