Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 Discussions/Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. My high was 75.

It was mid/upper 70s yesterday afternoon at my house just north of sunrise highway. I left to go to long beach around 5:30 for the volleyball league and when I got to the toll booths on the wantagh parkway I hit a wall of fog. 10-15 degrees cooler over about a 3 mile distance.

Areas of SW Suffolk under the marine layer stayed in the 60's yesterday. Farmingdale had a high of 70 and Gilgo 63.

Yeah I was watching that on the visible sat pics yesterday...just seemed to stay on the extreme south Shore of LI and just as far west as my area, so only 68 here .

Yeah I was watching that on the visible sat pics yesterday...just seemed to stay on the extreme south Shore of LI and just as far west as my area, so only 68 here .

It must have been a gorgeous view if you had a camera in one of the NYC skyscrapers looking south.

The hi res satellite pass showed just how sharp the cutoff was just inland from the coast.

It must have been a gorgeous view if you had a camera in one of the NYC skyscrapers looking south.

The hi res satellite pass showed just how sharp the cutoff was just inland from the coast.

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2016-06-03 at 11.25.59 AM.png

I love maps with no Staten Island boundaries...The hills prevented the fog from the west side...I had a little drizzle but no fog at the time...

I love maps with no Staten Island boundaries...The hills prevented the fog from the west side...I had a little drizzle but no fog at the time...

I had a low cloud deck all day here in SW Suffolk but no fog. Got into the fog on the drive home from CT Sunday evening.

That was a beautiful sight from the CT Shoreline looking south near sunset. It almost looked like a mountain range

sitting over Long Island.

Archived