SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2016 Discussions/Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy triple crown of winter extremes winner for NYC.

December most extreme monthly warmth....+13.3

January ......Heaviest NYC snow...................27.5"

February.....First below zero since 1994........-1

And now we're following it up with back to back boring months. No heat, no severe, below average precip. The 52 degree day was the most interesting weather event

Some areas also got a legit severe thunderstorm in February. I know you're talking about KNYC though.

Some areas also got a legit severe thunderstorm in February. I know you're talking about KNYC though.

True. That was one of our greatest winter severe outbreaks on record.

Even more wind reports than December 2006.

It's just amazing. Biggest storm ever in New York City's history, and the first below zero in over 20 years there, all while it remained above average for both months. Ever since last May we've been seeing such consistent warmth. It may not be the most extreme warmth in every case, but it is definitely consistent.

It's just amazing. Biggest storm ever in New York City's history, and the first below zero in over 20 years there, all while it remained above average for both months. Ever since last May we've been seeing such consistent warmth. It may not be the most extreme warmth in every case, but it is definitely consistent.

The 2010's is the new king of decadal extremes for heat, rain, snow, and Hurricane Sandy.

It's been one extreme after another starting with the historic -AO 09-10 winter.

June will finish here with a temp departure of +0.3 degrees along with 1.89" of precip.

June will finish here with a temp departure of +0.3 degrees along with 1.89" of precip.

1.84" and -0.6 here.  Cool nights were too much to overcome, but effectively near normal.

June ends up averaging  72.25....or 72.3...the average June monthly temperature from 1981-2010 is 71.85 or 71.9...this means June 2016 was a +0.4 from the actual June monthly average...it's not apples and oranges like using a smoothed number against an actual number...

The 2010's is the new king of decadal extremes for heat, rain, snow, and Hurricane Sandy.

It's been one extreme after another starting with the historic -AO 09-10 winter.

Yeah at least it has had snow for snow lovers like me. It seems winter is rarely very long nowadays, however. And Julys with many temps below the mid 80s seem rare. This July may be no exception even if the heat waves aren't super extended.

It looks like the blocking might go strong through the first quarter of July. I wonder if it keeps going straight at various levels through next winter without ever really leaving. Hot summer seems completely off the table for the Northeast, I am thinking for North of DC a complete shut out. The GEFS and CFS make this point for next 2-3 weeks.

Are you folks ready for the heat to put on hold until 6/27. It is a 2 1/2 to weeks away. July might be an inferno if the blocking ever weakens further. One of my thoughts is NYC could be the furthest northeast the big heat ever makes it this summer. I strongly feel this. We have a 2009 blank sun!!!

http://www.spaceweather.com/ Welcome to the next Maunder Minimum. This could be a multi decadal blank sun period. "Little ice age II"

Hoping we pull our 100 degree day between June 21-30.

Heat cancel after the one day warm up Monday. Back to 78 with upper 40's dews the rest of next week. I wonder if we dodge the heat most of this summer. Think we can???

Thanks, I also told u this summer was done for us.

Bump

He actually deleted 2 posts from June 16, at 3:47 and 3:53 pm in which he said no 90 degree days for LI, which already busted, and when he said that areas to the NE of NYC had already achieved their hottest days of the summer.

This stuff needs to stop.

Yeah I don't know why he's still allowed to post here especially since he was already banned.

Archived