• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

Well, during that precip "explosion", it seems to be lots of virga. Remember how dry that air is going to be. No accums on the snowfall maps.

Truth. That being said, the HP does hold on longer on the 00z NAM and the system is more strung out and quicker than the GFS, so it would be a better run taken past hr 84 (not that that would be wise).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus, it's not actual accumulated precip. It's a simulated radar.

Talk about cliff jumping. Wait til someone gets 8 hours of virga on Monday. :lmao:

I recall a lot of overrunning wintry mix events that began with eight hours of virga. It was always expected, but still frustrating. Of course, it did help us to wet bulb and lock in the colder temps.

I recall a lot of overrunning wintry mix events that began with eight hours of virga. It was always expected, but still frustrating. Of course, it did help us to wet bulb and lock in the colder temps.

Yeah. Remember watching a lot of those in high school. Hell, one time in February (sometime between 03-06) they closed schools for 8"+ of forecasted snow, Literally got virga'd for an entire day on radar. Like 12-16 hours and nothing fell. I remember that very well.

Plus, it's not actual accumulated precip. It's a simulated radar.

Talk about cliff jumping. Wait til someone gets 8 hours of virga on Monday. :lmao:

Not me I get to go through that fiasco tommorrow while my good friends off to my east get a fresh snowpack to play in followed by vodka cold all weekend. I have good neighbors off to my west as well enjoying the same from a half a weeks worth of upslope.

When does the new doc officially take over?I'm so sick of these para this para that. Screw beta testing. Do it for a week and get on with it. Seems like the past 3 maybe 4 winters there's always a upgrade to a global, mostly gfs. It also seems every upgrade gives us worse than we had before with the exception of the latest euro that seems to be owning everything else with verification scores.

When does the new doc officially take over?I'm so sick of these para this para that. Screw beta testing. Do it for a week and get on with it. Seems like the past 3 maybe 4 winters there's always a upgrade to a global, mostly gfs. It also seems every upgrade gives us worse than we had before with the exception of the latest euro that seems to be owning everything else with verification scores.

Based on overwhelming success of ECMWF upgrade candidate model, implementation scheduled for March 8

Archived