Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

It won't be tolerated this year.

I certainly hope not. I had a pretty tolerant attitude about it before last winter, but that was ridiculous. I still remember my experience as a storm-mode mod 2 winters ago clicking delete probably a hundred times, and then reading in my PM "yo, where are my posts?" :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly hope not. I had a pretty tolerant attitude about it before last winter, but that was ridiculous. I still remember my experience as a storm-mode mod 2 winters ago clicking delete probably a hundred times, and then reading in my PM "yo, where are my posts?" :lol:

It was unbearable. I barely posted from late January on. And when I did it was almost always in the banter or LI thread.

Interesting, maybe it could be cause it's more inland like you said. Funny thing is, there's times where Northern Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee can be just as cool, if not cooler than where I am. And I'm not talking about the Appalachians either, the lower elevation suburbs really cool down well. The mountains are a different story altogether.

Honestly I think Trenton has a better chance for snow, but last year Dulles got exceptionally cold with multiple sub zero I think?

Even down here in Austin there can be days in the 60s and nights in the 20s in the winter-not frequently, but they happen. 

Which is pretty impressive. I know Dallas can get cold but Austin is way farther south.

Dallas averages maybe 2" of snow a winter and we average 0.5"-basically nothing. The most you'll ever see down here is a coating on the ground maybe every other winter. We've had some ice events though which caused chaos since the city isn't prepared for winter events. We have more of a continental climate here than most realize, since cold air can still pool its way down to here east of the Rockies. But just as easily we can have highs in the 70s or even 80s. The day I arrived here in January the high was 78. 

Hr 1932 shows a possible coastal storm. We have plenty of time to monitor this but it looks like it might be a couple of degrees too warm for the coast.

(Ignore the time stamp on the botton) This is mid/late December.

I'm thinking 4-7" inland and maybe 1-2" at the coast starting as a mix and changing over to all snow later on at night.

Archived