joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Thread II

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still nothing here. 19F. I haven't felt this giddy/nervous for a snowstorm in a long time. If I wasn't on my phone I would weenie myself.

Oh, by the way, LOL at TWC - Winter Storm "Euclid".

Nothing here yet either...you should begin about 5 minutes before me...lol

Yeah, I hope they give up naming these winter storms...I'm kinda embarrassed for 'em :-)

been going here for ~4 hours here in western mass straight down 91. going just under 1"/hr. you guys are gonna get slammed with better snow growth and orographics for some. talk about a good run for the mountains. best christmas week in a while, i'd say.

At Pico Mt. Base area. Snow falling but wind is incredible. Almost seems like it could blow out windows. Went out to the car and the snow was already drifting in around it. More than an inch in the past hour would be my guess. Again, feels very scary outside with the snow blowing so hard with the wind. Very intense storm.

At Pico Mt. Base area. Snow falling but wind is incredible. Almost seems like it could blow out windows. Went out to the car and the snow was already drifting in around it. More than an inch in the past hour would be my guess. Again, feels very scary outside with the snow blowing so hard with the wind. Very intense storm.

btw meso model blasts your area with over 1.50-1.75 qpf. you up thru the spine should jackpot for vt

NEK looks to be in shadowing trouble per mesomodels. 3-5" total for st j on the hrrr. No bueno. Still like 6-8" for now with more in higher terrain.

Not snowing at the moment Looks like a couple of inches out there. More gaps in the radar downstream. Looks like it could be one of those storms where I get 3" during the storm an 3 more after in upslope blowing this way.

Snow began sometime around 4 AM, currently moderate and blowing around in 20 mph NE winds, and 20F. Had 1.5" at 7 AM with 0.18" LE, ratio 8.3-to-1. Poor dendrite growth, flakes are 0.1" or smaller. Measuring this stuff accurately will be a challenge.

GYX has moved their forecast 18-24" jackpot from IZG/RUM to Bingham/Jackman. CAR's highest forecast is 14-20" for northern Piscataquis/Somerset, so the two WSOs are consistent. 06z gfs qpf is about 1.25", down 1/4-1/2" from last night but still enough for 10"+, and more if we get any decent dendrites.

Snow has restarted in St. J as the radar hole, which existed to get me to work easily, has filled back in. There was about 2.6 inches new at the house when I left. When things started up again the consistency was odd. It was like very small graupel. It didn't seem to be sleet but was pellet like but much smaller than most graupel I see. Just bad growth I guess.

Archived