Newest Member
    joxey
January 12 Storm Photos and Videos

Cold Miser

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome pics everyone... wow.

And CT_Blizz... that middle photo with the snow banks on the side of the driveway is sick; that's a ridiculous amount of snow. You could survive a month long thaw with that stuff.

Reminds me of the Valentines Day storm up here where its just widespread 20-30" and the snow. I remember during that event thinking I may never see that again... and there's a big difference between 20-30" of synoptic, dense, snow and 20-30" of upslope/lake effect fluff. The dense synoptic snow wins hands down as far as impact, looks, and snowpack. Congrats everyone, awesome storm.

Yeah I've just been staring out the window at my snowbanks..like a proud papa...A few of my neighbors walked/cross country skiied by yesterday when i was out there and commented on them lol

Ginx amazing how much wetter your snow was..my trees have no snow on them at all..except some of the sheltered white pines

Yeah I've just been staring out the window at my snowbanks..like a proud papa...A few of my neighbors walked/cross country skiied by yesterday when i was out there and commented on them lol

Ginx amazing how much wetter your snow was..my trees have no snow on them at all..except some of the sheltered white pines

Sorry to jump in your thread, but these photos are awesome. That area up there looks really nice, some day i will visit that area.

When i saw your snow banks at your driveway, reminded me of '96 when we had the big blizzard and i had snow banks like that. My driveway was 110' long. down at the end by the road i took red spray paint and on the left side i painted our house number, on the other side i wrote blizzard of 1996. everybody thought i was funny.

Sorry to jump in your thread, but these photos are awesome. That area up there looks really nice, some day i will visit that area.

When i saw your snow banks at your driveway, reminded me of '96 when we had the big blizzard and i had snow banks like that. My driveway was 110' long. down at the end by the road i took red spray paint and on the left side i painted our house number, on the other side i wrote blizzard of 1996. everybody thought i was funny.

Thanks. it really is a nice area. very wooded, quiet rural town in the hills, great neighborhood for the kids..yet close where i can be in HFD in 20 mins..or a mall in 15

When i drove out this morning in the car..that's when you get the true appreciation for just how tall they are..just walls of white on both sides. I love it

No i enjoy shovelling ..though yesterday was rough

I used to be in that camp-but my driveway is too wide and long...I consider the blower mandatory equipment these days...although I do miss "building up" the banks like you did--growing up in SE PA during the 80's, I needed anything to get what little snow we had to last, so I'd shovel it all to one part to get a big snowbank...the blower just spreads it all out, but the upside is that I'm done in 20 minutes...enjoy the snow!

Thanks. it really is a nice area. very wooded, quiet rural town in the hills, great neighborhood for the kids..yet close where i can be in HFD in 20 mins..or a mall in 15

When i drove out this morning in the car..that's when you get the true appreciation for just how tall they are..just walls of white on both sides. I love it

In 96 we had roads that were like that. I remember going out the road in a Chevy Blazer and looking UP, because the snow banks were higher then the blazer. They only had 1 lane cleared at the time.

Archived